Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-16-2007, 05:29 PM

Default Scariest Games Ever

Any console, platform, OS, whatever... what are everyone's scariest moments playing games, and the scariest games they've ever played?

I'll start it off. In recent gaming memory, I think Condemned: Criminal Origins was one of the scariest games I've played in a long long time. Lights out, bass cranked... *whimper* [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 04-16-2007, 05:49 PM

Default Re: Scariest Games Ever

Resident Evil remake. My favorite scene (in white):

<font color="white">The whole shark tank sequence was the greatest and most cinematic thing ever (but it was all gameplay, no cutscenes). You start off walking on the edge of a large water tank in shallow water. Inevitably, two sharks come to attack you. You kill them and continue.

Just as you pass a certain point, a MASSIVE shark chomps down right behind you (on you if you're standing still). You run out of the tank and into a control room. There's an observation window, and the big shark smashes into it, cracking it but not breaking. You drain the water.

You go walk on the bottom of the drained tank, the big shark dead on the bottom. You creep past him to get at something on the other side. He wakes up, you can't go back past him. You electrocute him.</font>

Awesome, awesome sequence.
Old 04-16-2007, 06:23 PM

I always thought Silent Hill was pretty creepy.
Old 04-16-2007, 06:42 PM

Fatal Frame series is on a whole nother level in my opinion. Fatal Frame II might be the scariest game ever.
Old 04-16-2007, 06:45 PM

Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem (early Gamecube game) was pretty freaky. It would mess with your own mind as your character's sanity started to wane...
Old 04-16-2007, 06:48 PM

Way back when, I used to sit in the dark and play Doom on my 486 with Danzig's "Black Aria" playing in the background. Man, that [censored] was freaky. I still remember the first time I walked into this room that was basically a big meat locker of human bodies (or pieces of them) and some of them were still twitching.

2.5D horror FTW.
Old 04-16-2007, 06:55 PM

I rarely play single player games.... but Half-life when I was a kid, in the dark, with speakers and sub cranked scared the [censored] out of me.

Prey is pretty damn freaky also. The part with the ghost kids crawling around and throwing [censored] at you while singing songs is just spooky.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:50 PM

I can't remember the name of the game. It was on the Sega CD. You were trapped in this haunted mansion trying to get out. You could pick up, interact and use stuff. Alot of great scary moments in that game.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:56 PM

System Shock 2. There weren't many shocks, but the whole atmosphere was really terrifying. I have never recovered.
Old 04-16-2007, 09:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't remember the name of the game. It was on the Sega CD. You were trapped in this haunted mansion trying to get out. You could pick up, interact and use stuff. Alot of great scary moments in that game.

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG I think you and I are the only two people to have ever played that game lol. But yeah that game scared the crap out of me and also frustrated me to no end, I never ended up beating that one.