Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2007, 07:34 PM

Default Re: Cheating in sports

Given that the really good gear is constantly being improved upon and made even less detectable, I'm not sure if tests aren't already useless.

I really think the reactionary policy in sports right now does no good.
Old 04-12-2007, 08:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Given that the really good gear is constantly being improved upon and made even less detectable, I'm not sure if tests aren't already useless.

I really think the reactionary policy in sports right now does no good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh, the best stuff is still ultra easy to detect. The tests work, but become less effective for guys with the coin to invest in the roids. Its like blood doping in cycling. Guys can just dope with their own blood.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I mentioned A-Rod in pass as just another superstar, one of the best in the game, who's never really been questioned about his use in steroids (not that I know of). I'm not saying he doesn't take them, but there's got to be a reason why someone like him isn't at all under the spotlight, even though he's got tremendous power and can hit with the best of them, whereas Bonds is. I may not know it, but that's just the way I see it.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is simply because Bonds is a jerk and the media hates him. I mean cmon the amount of singled out abuse Bonds takes is beyond unfair and it's all because he isn't cordial with the sacred baseball writers.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:22 PM

right its only the baseball writers that hate him, thats why his own teammates voted him off the team 22-2 (in college)
Old 04-12-2007, 10:26 PM

You are pretty good at reading comprehension.

The media outrage against Bonds is because the media does not like him. How you interpreted that as only the media disliking him I have no [censored] clue.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:41 PM

i guess because of your use of sacred i thought to be condescending (in the context it was used), as if you were saying only they hate him (by putting emphasis on media), rather than he is like that to everyone.

my fault.
Old 04-12-2007, 11:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I mentioned A-Rod in pass as just another superstar, one of the best in the game, who's never really been questioned about his use in steroids (not that I know of). I'm not saying he doesn't take them, but there's got to be a reason why someone like him isn't at all under the spotlight, even though he's got tremendous power and can hit with the best of them, whereas Bonds is. I may not know it, but that's just the way I see it.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is simply because Bonds is a jerk and the media hates him. I mean cmon the amount of singled out abuse Bonds takes is beyond unfair and it's all because he isn't cordial with the sacred baseball writers.

[/ QUOTE ]

So what reason do you think these writers feel he's not cordial with the way they feel the game should be played?
Old 04-17-2007, 12:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, I can't find the link anywhere, but I believe Rob Neyer recently talked about how many doctors in the PED field have all said that HGH doesn't enhance performance at all.

If anyone knows what I'm talking about please post it, I'd be interested in reading it again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Found it
Old 04-17-2007, 02:40 PM

Thayer,

Since when did people in baseball actually read what experts write in other fields? I thought they would do some regression analysis to figure it out.

Seriously, I think everyone who knows almost anything about PEDs knows just taking HGH will give you a big dome and a bigger gut.

http://www.bodybuildingpro.com/ronniecoleman.jpg

http://eastcoastmuscle.com/results/2.../013mcquay.jpg

Look at Chest/Gut on both and see which sticks out farther. Then guess which one abuses HGH... And also which one is larger...