Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2007, 10:46 AM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker...Ivey Vs. Booth

[ QUOTE ]
The raise is 440 BBs approx back to Ivey. 440 BBs!! I think his fold is quite reasonable tbh.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why should the size of the raise matter? Ivey should fold because it's alot of money to call? Is that how you're justifying the fold? I don't think that's the logic winning players use in making big decisions.
Old 04-03-2007, 10:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I laugh and call really quick against Brad, from my experience against him online he's just a moran.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry, I'm just lurking here because I have no right to post about hands at this level. I must write, though, if you are going to call someone a moron, you should at least spell it correctly.
Old 04-03-2007, 10:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The raise is 440 BBs approx back to Ivey. 440 BBs!! I think his fold is quite reasonable tbh.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why should the size of the raise matter? Ivey should fold because it's alot of money to call? Is that how you're justifying the fold? I don't think that's the logic winning players use in making big decisions.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol
Old 04-03-2007, 10:55 AM

im not one for showing my cards under normal circumstances, but what is the point of making such a huge, reckless bluff if you are not going to advertise it to the table?
Old 04-03-2007, 10:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
After the hand Phil told me he folded QQ and I said "I would never fold that to Brad." He replied "guess I got bluffed, you play with him all the time so you know, I have never played with him." I think based on the knowledge Phil had at the time the fold was a very reasonable one. I thnk AA would be the hand I would be most worried about.

[/ QUOTE ]
I guess I shouldn't assume that they play together frequently. So you would have called a shove here Brian? It's interesting to hear that Ivey lied about what he had so he wouldn't come off as being nitty, lol. If you're gonna lie Phil, tell people you 4 bet with 3 high , that would sound better, lol.
Old 04-03-2007, 10:58 AM

tell me you are kidding about the "moran"...if not he didn't misspell, morAn.
I guess Aba said it best "lol", but no one at that level wants to be in a 300k pot when they are only about 60-70% sure they have the best of it. If anyone can say "I'll pick a better spot", it's Phil Ivey. Also, in PI's case, he wouldn't have to move down, but many players would have to, thus lowering their real $ win potential.
Old 04-03-2007, 11:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's interesting to hear that Ivey lied about what he had so he wouldn't come off as being nitty, lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Its alot more likely he forgot or I misheard him than he lied about having QQ vs KK.
Old 04-03-2007, 11:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
im not one for showing my cards under normal circumstances, but what is the point of making such a huge, reckless bluff if you are not going to advertise it to the table?

[/ QUOTE ]
Because world class players respect each other. The ultimate sign of disrespect at a poker table amongst pros is showing your cards when no one asks.
Old 04-03-2007, 11:03 AM

God some of the logic on here is so brutal. Brad is evidently a very good and fearsome player live as cts mentioned tho, he can be super crazy and I doubt he's a winning player online
Old 04-03-2007, 11:10 AM

So Dustin, you're basically saying he's good with the fish live, but sucks online where most people are very good?

..... doesn't that mean he's a fish at the HSP table?

BTW ArmenH, I don't think you get why Aba lol'd....

If ivey had 30k behind the raise, I'm sure he would've snap called. The fact that he had 300k behind is a very different story..... I think someone mentioned this concept before, something about stack sizes?