Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2007, 05:46 PM

Default Re: Borgata $10/$20 2-way trip report

[ QUOTE ]

Burt's a pretty funny guy, he's always got some amusing stories. And the other guys there are all pretty awful.

[/ QUOTE ]
weird, ive never laughed at anything burts ever said. not ever. and you can include him in the awful category.
Old 04-04-2007, 05:59 PM

Does this game run only one weekends? If I were to go on a Thursday afternoon would I find anything in the 5/10 to 20/40 range for this mixed game, stud8 or omaha8? Stud hi?
Old 04-04-2007, 06:10 PM

It started today at like 3pmish. 10-20
Old 04-04-2007, 06:43 PM

Cool beans. I'll be there on the Thurs the 19th after I check in over at the Trump Marina. Anyone in the game feel free to say "hi" to the clevage. :P [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Plan on playing the Tropicana Friday and Sat. Anyone know about the hi/lo game selection over there? I hear how it's about as soft as it gets on weekends. Would be nice to find plenty of action around 10/20 and 20/40 stud/8 and omaha/8 - especially the stud/8.
Old 04-04-2007, 07:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Cool beans. I'll be there on the Thurs the 19th after I check in over at the Trump Marina. Anyone in the game feel free to say "hi" to the clevage. :P [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Plan on playing the Tropicana Friday and Sat. Anyone know about the hi/lo game selection over there? I hear how it's about as soft as it gets on weekends. Would be nice to find plenty of action around 10/20 and 20/40 stud/8 and omaha/8 - especially the stud/8.

[/ QUOTE ]
cleavage?
Old 04-06-2007, 02:39 PM

I play in that borgata a lot of weekends(probably have played with a few of you in the past) and agree its a pretty soft game and most of the players at the game i recognize. Anyone seen the older asian woman at that game? Probably in her forty's, short hair and has an accent(which probably won't help), she is very loose and there a lot. Once heard her say that she likes to see a flop with any pair in her hand.

Omaha side is very passive. With the exception of very few players most flops can be seen for 1 bet with hardly any raising at all preflop.

I'm pretty sure this game goes off just about everyday but breaks around Midnight or 1:00am during the week. I occasionally go during the week for the NLHE 7pm tourn then play in this game if i bust out of the tournament.
I'll agree that the game at the taj is tougher but keep in mind it is also a differnt game. The taj game is not 10/20 like the borgata but instead 15/30/45, no kill either game.

Anyone interested about buyin, i usually buy into the borgata game with 500.

Someone mentioned the fact that omaha is a half kill at the borgata but no kill on the stud side. Form what i understand is there is some kind of rule/law in ac or something that says ONLY flop games are allowed to have kills.
Old 04-06-2007, 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I play in that borgata a lot of weekends(probably have played with a few of you in the past) and agree its a pretty soft game and most of the players at the game i recognize. Anyone seen the older asian woman at that game? Probably in her forty's, short hair and has an accent(which probably won't help), she is very loose and there a lot. Once heard her say that she likes to see a flop with any pair in her hand.

Omaha side is very passive. With the exception of very few players most flops can be seen for 1 bet with hardly any raising at all preflop.

I'm pretty sure this game goes off just about everyday but breaks around Midnight or 1:00am during the week. I occasionally go during the week for the NLHE 7pm tourn then play in this game if i bust out of the tournament.
I'll agree that the game at the taj is tougher but keep in mind it is also a differnt game. The taj game is not 10/20 like the borgata but instead 15/30/45, no kill either game.

Anyone interested about buyin, i usually buy into the borgata game with 500.

Someone mentioned the fact that omaha is a half kill at the borgata but no kill on the stud side. Form what i understand is there is some kind of rule/law in ac or something that says ONLY flop games are allowed to have kills.

[/ QUOTE ]

That Asian lady is just silly. I've seen better opponents than her at the play money tables. I suck too, but anytime she's there, rest assured you're not the worst at the table.

Not sure about the rule in AC about kill pots in stud, but generally it doesn't make sense since there's nowhere for the kill blind to go.
Old 04-09-2007, 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Burt's a pretty funny guy, he's always got some amusing stories. And the other guys there are all pretty awful.

[/ QUOTE ]
weird, ive never laughed at anything burts ever said. not ever. and you can include him in the awful category.

[/ QUOTE ]

He is also a pain in the ass -- talks too loudly, too much and about absolutely nothing. Best to sit away from him

Good action though.
Old 04-09-2007, 08:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He is also a pain in the ass -- talks too loudly, too much and about absolutely nothing. Best to sit away from him

Good action though.

[/ QUOTE ]
agreed
i dont understand how people consider him a good player.
Old 04-16-2007, 09:00 AM

Anyone play the 2-way this past weekend?

Just curious since I was at the Taj playing O8.