Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2007, 07:58 PM

Default Re: 10/25NL at Foxwoods.........

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

If you bet more/push you're going to be way behind when you get called.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol its the grifter everyone

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF is that supposed to mean noob?
Old 03-06-2007, 08:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

4 years and u still play microlimits, heh ....funny that u call me a noob too [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-06-2007, 08:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i don't like the small flop bet. you need to bet more on this flop. I don't think it's ever a bad play to get it in on this flop with 3500 in the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

The point isn't whether getting all in on this flop is +EV, it is...that EV has already been gained by getting so much in preflop and then hitting such a ragged board, there isn't much that beats you.

The point I'm trying to make is it is significantly more +EV to not become pot committed immediately, if you push your opponent plays perfectly. Take advantage of your positional advantage.
Old 03-06-2007, 08:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

4 years and u still play microlimits, heh ....funny that u call me a noob too [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL...I was playing the biggest games on the net years ago, and I've been posting thoughtful strategy on this board for years...being busto doesn't necessarily mean I suck at poker...just like being robusto doesn't mean you're necessarily any good
Old 03-06-2007, 08:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

LOL...I was playing the biggest games on the net years ago

[/ QUOTE ]

yea bet those games were sick tough
Old 03-06-2007, 08:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

LOL...I was playing the biggest games on the net years ago

[/ QUOTE ]

yea bet those games were sick tough

[/ QUOTE ]

You're so cool. Please teach me to create an anonymous account soley for the purpose of being a dick to people I will never meet.

P.S. I am CRUSHING 10NL
Old 03-06-2007, 09:10 PM

Um go with stinger on this one. 1200 into 3500 is all sorts of gay. id prob bet 2500-3000. I also like the point someone made about raising more preflop if its so live that people are stacking off so light (as long as this is congruent with your image, not familiar with you but if you never raise non-huge hands then a big raise isn't too great). As played i bet fold turn. Since you are the short stack, hes probably going to call with a weak pair (like you said table is doing) or he is beating you with 34 or a flush (a set is a really weird line here). betting will charge him for his pairs where he has hands like A10 with A of hearts, and will not sucker you into calling the river against 34 or a flush. I can also see a check fold line. I think check call/river is very poor.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i don't like the small flop bet. you need to bet more on this flop. I don't think it's ever a bad play to get it in on this flop with 3500 in the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

The point isn't whether getting all in on this flop is +EV, it is...that EV has already been gained by getting so much in preflop and then hitting such a ragged board, there isn't much that beats you.

The point I'm trying to make is it is significantly more +EV to not become pot committed immediately, if you push your opponent plays perfectly. Take advantage of your positional advantage.

[/ QUOTE ]

i am not pushing. i am going to make a 2/3 to pot size bet so that i can get the rest in on the turn against someone with a flush draw or overpair. with 3500 in the pot, and KK on this board i am pot commited unless some super nit wakes up and i know i'm beat. there is no way i'm making a small bet to let a strong player draw cheaply. your logic is backwards if you want to try and keep this pot small.
Old 03-06-2007, 11:37 PM

Exactly, I bet 1200 into this huge pot basically to thin the field and to let me know what kind of hands I was up against. If i got multiple callers I could put them on a range of hands. If I got pushed against I could probably lay down assuming I was up against a set or huge draw. The flat call of 1200 told me that I still had the best hand on flop. In a full ring game Im not going to bet 2500 into 6 players and call a push with one pair. Not my style, if someone has the balls to bluff me off this hand then let them have it. That's my rationale.
Old 03-06-2007, 11:47 PM

Alright...I think this hand is interesting so I'll expand on my reasoning...your raise preflop is fine, I think those saying bet more preflop are being a tad results oriented..if the blinds fold you could easily see this flop HU

The texture of this flop is such that you're not going to get chased down by a lot of hands, people who stick around either have an obvious draw or a made hand that beats you...I doubt you'll see much floating on this board once it's checked to you..

In this situation you're going to make money no matter what you do..but obv you want to maximize your sklansky bucks.

So if you bet big on the flop...assume everyone will fold maybe 60% of the time...so you win $3500

I doubt anyone is flat-calling on this flop so you are raised all-in 40% of the time with a range of QQ+, TT/55/22, AJhh+..with this range you have ~45% equity so even at this it is clearly +EV given the money already in the pot...

The reason I am advocating a smaller bet is for several reasons:

1. You don't need to bet big to protect your hand in this pot, you're more likely to be raised with a smaller bet and you will be raised by a much larger range of hands...if you get it in on the flop after you pet 1/3 pot you're going to be in much better shape than 45% equity...I would consider folding on this flop if raised all-in depending on your read of the player because...

2. Sets cannot really afford to see the turn for a small bet, you can safely bet your opponent is either floating to outplay you later or is on a draw if you get called on the flop...(draw much more often)..if you bet small early position FD's will call to encourage overcalls...you run the risk of a heart on the turn but you're in MUCH better shape if turn bricks then getting it all in on flop against an A-high flush draw...

To summarize, I think you can get all-in in a much better position by betting small against the field than betting big, you will be raised here a fair amount of the time whether you bet big or small and you'll have more equity when you give them some FE...

Maybe I'm totally off on this but just wanted to elaborate my reasoning...