Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2007, 01:09 AM

Default AA, interesting 3 way rr pot: CHECK IT!

I am playing around 25/20 at this table.
I have shown down an AIPF with AK vs JJ against a good experienced player prior to this hand, me 4-betting the AK to his 3-bet and him making the light call (I lost). Button is a 15/12/2 regular, who I have not had much experience with, but is multi tabling and is presumably reasonable. The SB is playing four tables, but is totally unknown. Over about 100 hands prior to this he has been playing 30/20, and seems to be somewhat outclassed. He has made some chat at the table which would lead one to believe he has a general understanding of the game, but his play hasn't been particularly standard for six max 100nl. I get the impression he is either new to online poker, or maybe a MTT/SNG player messing around.

I'm curious what ranges you guys think the villains have, and what you think my move is. I'll post results after a reasonable amount of discussion.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

SB ($98.15)
Hero ($100)
UTG ($252.45)
MP ($109.50)
Button ($172.50)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $4</font>, SB calls $3.50, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $16</font>, Button calls $12, SB calls $12.

Flop: ($48) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $36</font>, Button calls $36, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $82.15</font>, <font color="#CC3333">
Old 03-06-2007, 01:11 AM

Default Re: AA, interesting 3 way rr pot: CHECK IT!

shove
Old 03-06-2007, 01:21 AM

for 100bbs and dead money in da pot....

shove
Old 03-06-2007, 01:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
shove

[/ QUOTE ]

/ discussion
Old 03-06-2007, 01:25 AM

Other than showing how bad your opponents are, why is this hand posted? This is simple, happens all the time, get it in there now NLHE. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Results, weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Old 03-06-2007, 01:28 AM

Nowhere did I say the opponents are bad. Outclassed does not mean awful. I'm curious what you think their ranges would be in this situation. A flat call and then a raise over it are fairly strong lines? I'm not asking what to do. It is irrelevant, I'm asking what you would think my opponents would play in this manner. My move would correlate to the ranges we put them on, so lets do some real thinking. Not ZOMG OVERPAIR AGAINST 100NL PLAYERS ALL IN YESSSS.
Old 03-06-2007, 01:36 AM

too eazy,

no one has said, 'zomg overpair against 100nl players, all in yes'.

with this flop, there are a ton of hands that your opponents may think they have you by the balls. a PP of 66+ has a freakin overpair for cryin out loud. so just because you get called and raised, you cannot start to see monsters everywhere.

this hand plays MUCH differently if flop was monotone, or higher. for instance if the flop was 9TJ, then i will assume we would give some thought to what is best. as is, you have a no brainer shove. if someone outflopped you, then you should curse at them often in the chat box. tis the breaks. and yes, you are way too shallow to think about anything but calling.
Old 03-06-2007, 01:39 AM

It isn't about OVERPAIR AGAINST 100NL PALYERS ALL IN YESSSSS. It is about how simple this situation is. It doesn't even matter what their ranges are. You 3-bet with AA and got a very good flop, get it all in.

I never said you said they are bad. But they are making a play that is bad and you are posting this hand showing that they made a bad play. And bad does not mean awful. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Many 100NL player will raise w/ 66+ here, thinking OVERPAIR AGAINST 100NL PLAYERS ALL IN YESSSS.

Of course a set is possible, but so are other pps that you have crushed.

To tickle your fancy: BTN range: TT-AA, SB range: 22-JJ

Your move is all in.

Results...
Old 03-06-2007, 02:06 AM

BTN QQ, SB 24.

Out of curiosity, how would one play this if the Button and I were 300bb deep.
Old 03-06-2007, 02:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Nowhere did I say the opponents are bad. Outclassed does not mean awful. I'm curious what you think their ranges would be in this situation. A flat call and then a raise over it are fairly strong lines? I'm not asking what to do. It is irrelevant, I'm asking what you would think my opponents would play in this manner. My move would correlate to the ranges we put them on, so lets do some real thinking. Not ZOMG OVERPAIR AGAINST 100NL PLAYERS ALL IN YESSSS.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, wtf dude. The problem is this isn't a very interesting hand so you won't get much "interesting" analysis on it. Villains ranges are usually overpairs here. One had 24, and was clearly a donk.

This is a standard shove.