Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2007, 07:46 PM

Default $22/90 SnG on FT; Is this too reckless or okay?

I'm pretty sure villain had raised each time it was folded to him on the button, but it's early so this has only happened 2 or 3 times. This is the first time I've re-raised.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Tournament
Blinds: t30/t60
9 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: t2945
UTG+1: t4695
MP1: t5390
MP2: t2370
MP3: t3473
CO: t2430
Button: t2960
SB: t4052
Hero: t1555

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is BB with 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
6 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to t180</font>, SB folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to t540</font>, Button calls t360 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t690)</font>.

Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (t1110, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero is all-in t1015</font>
Old 02-25-2007, 10:12 PM

Default Re: $22/90 SnG on FT; Is this too reckless or okay?

bump. few words of advice would help, plz : (
Old 02-25-2007, 10:13 PM

i push preflop against an active button. this is alright but i'd rather not let him take a flop with 33, too many ways he can decide his mediocre draw (which has two overs) or his mid pair is good.
Old 02-26-2007, 03:09 AM

?... Call&gt;Fold&gt;Shove&gt;Raise

And to be completly honest anything except call or fold is preety terrible here... I'll run through my reasoning though real fast...

1.CALL - I think the best play here is to play this straight forward, which is to call and play your hand for its' set potential, and otherwise fold to any legitmate raise

2. FOLD - If you dont like calling, because you dont want to play a hand OOP and you lack folding discipline then i recommend simply letting it go and waiting for a better spot to put your money on the line, I certainly dont mind this line for certain players

3. SHOVE - I could make an argument for this line in the latter stages of a tournament, with an ante, and against an opponent who would let there hand go most of the time (although I could do that with any 2 [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] ), but I think that you have to realize that you are beating 22 and A2 and I dont think those are in villians calling range, If you call you are either boned, or in a race for your tournament life that you hand no business being in, pick a better spot...

4. RAISE - I like that this gives you the lead in the betting for further rounds and reps a much bigger hand then the one you are holding (so long as your table image allows that representation) but in the end you still just have a pair of threes, What happends if he pushed the flop after your re-raise? Are you calling with these pot odds assuming you are in a race against AK, or did u just burn 1/3 of your stack for no reason? Why are you getting yourself this tangled up in this hand?

Flop (After taking your line (#4) and raising)

Check and re-evalute based on how your opponent respondes, honestly your hand looks more like a PP of 8's or maybe even a hand as low as AK, then it does an Overpair, when you push this flop, as with a big hand wouldnt you check to your opponent intending to CRAI? I think villian makes a profitable +EV call here with an A9 or any TP for that matter... I think the cards you were hopeing flopped so that you could get away with this push didnt come, so even if you were planning on pushing the flop you needed to re-evalute it once it came a 9 high board...
Old 02-26-2007, 04:51 AM

I like this go &amp; go play. Either this, or shove PF.