Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2007, 10:08 PM

Default Re: does consolidation result in tougher games!

kyleb,

You are the one being an idiot. Just because you don't have a wish to earn income from poker long term apparently, you seek to use the most rapacious means to maximize your own short term winnings without regard to the effects it has on the long term winnings of others. So I can easily make another prediction without fear of being wrong this time, which is that you are just another typical selfish young guy who thinks nothing of taking a dump in a stream after you have drank from it because you won't be taking another drink yourself. Too bad for the guy downstream.
Old 02-21-2007, 10:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thremp,

The hyper multi-tabling HUD using players are the ones taking away someone's rice bowl. Their own. In the *long term*. Same with the sites if they focus on short term gains at the expense of the *long term*.

[/ QUOTE ]

But for people that don't plan on playing poker for the rest of their lives, playing more tables just lets them increase hourly rates.

Poker sites will be reluctant to put off immediate profits with respect to the American market, because the future is so uncertain.
Old 02-21-2007, 10:35 PM

BluffTHIS!,

You're the one making ridiculous predictions and using insulting language in reference to homosexuals, and you are indignant?

I simply do not believe in saving the golden goose to produce the eggs that we all take for granted. I'm here to make as much money as possible, understanding from day one that online poker in the United States was limited*, and using that money to further obtain more capital in the future.

Does that mean that I hope online poker goes away and that I think all the poker semi-pros should be screwed? No. I just think that most people should have planned a lot better for what had seemed to be an inevitable conclusion, given our government and society's view on issues such as gambling.

* If you didn't realize this (which it seems like you didn't), then you have no one to blame but yourself for your short-sightedness.
Old 02-21-2007, 11:01 PM

kyleb,

Can I make another bold prediction? I predict you are one of those weak-tight (as in too tight not properly tight) rocks who refuse to start games in both online and B&M venues because you don't want to face the blind costs and attendant higher variance of such short-handed play while waiting for the game to fill. Thus you smugly expect others to start those games for you and arrive late when you can sit in a full game. You doubtless are the guy who immediately sits out when someone else does online and starts the cascade reaction that leads to the table breaking (and which also proves the pathetic game selection "skills" of weak-tights).

The bottom line is that you seek to maximize your short term interests because you don't wish to be a long term pro, while myself and others seek the opposite. So we have competing interests and will attempt to advance same differently via the poker sites. For myself and others, we will gladly give most of our action to the first site that restricts multi-tabling and also requires higher minimum buyins in big bet games, happily leaving you 12-tablers to play with each other. Our fish will stick around longer than yours in such a scenario and thus canabalism won't be necessary. And our site whatever it may be, will actually have a better earn in the long run. There are actually some sites that fit that bill for me and my like minded players, except in two areas, the minimum buyins and a sufficiently large player pool. But whichever major site takes the long term view and caters to us, gets all our action as long as they also spend enough on marketing to grow their player base. It's a niche waiting to be filled. I wish stars would fill that niche, but I don't care which site does, because that site will be the best one via better fish retention to play on.