Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2007, 10:25 PM

Default Peter Forsberg... a Nashville Predator!

Quoted from ESPN.com:

The Philadelphia Flyers finally traded Peter Forsberg, sending the star center to the Central Division-leading Nashville Predators on Thursday night for forward Scottie Upshall, defenseman Ryan Parent and two draft picks.

/end quote

Personally, for the Predators, I think it looks like a bad deal, and I think it will turn out to be a bad deal. I don't see Forsberg fitting into this kind of lineup, be it for increased point production or just to have a big name. The Predators are already firing on all cylinders, so I'm kind of curious to see how Forsberg's going to fit into this...
Old 02-15-2007, 10:33 PM

Default Re: Peter Forsberg... a Nashville Predator!

It's being discussed in the other thread.

X-post: Philly comes out great no matter what. Nashville ONLY does if they get to the WCF, probably SCF. Nashville has a problem with attendance and corporation support, so a strong run will help them out even if they lose in the future.

In the salary cap age, you can't just keep saying "next year, next year, next year." One year you need to go all out for the cup. Nashville has a young d-core, the 1st round pick is going to be in the bottom 3, and the team is in its prime. I think it was their GM who said that they don't want to look back and see what would have happened if they DIDN'T have Forsberg for the run.

Philly walks away great (they will probably have Foppa back next year). Nashville is in a do-or-die state... so of course this is a huge gamble, but one that probably needs to happen for the cup and franchise.
Old 02-15-2007, 11:05 PM

what are you talking about? Him not fitting into "this" kind of lineup?

If he is healthy (which he seems to be right now), he will help ANY team. The reason they got him is simple: to make a Stanley Cup run.

Saying Forsberg won't help them is like saying Crosby or Ovechkin wouldn't help them...nonsense.
Old 02-15-2007, 11:38 PM

Comparing him with Crosby or Ovechkin right now is nonsense... he was great back with the Avalanche when they ruled the NW and he had linemates like Hejduk and Tanguay.

In the last three seasons, he's played just over half of the games... all it takes is an awkward check or a knee on knee and he's going to be zero help to Nashville. Maybe it's just the fact that I don't really bank much on fragile players.
Old 02-16-2007, 12:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Comparing him with Crosby or Ovechkin right now is nonsense... he was great back with the Avalanche when they ruled the NW and he had linemates like Hejduk and Tanguay.

In the last three seasons, he's played just over half of the games... all it takes is an awkward check or a knee on knee and he's going to be zero help to Nashville. Maybe it's just the fact that I don't really bank much on fragile players.

[/ QUOTE ]

An awkward check or knee to knee on anyone is all it takes. It's a gamble... and a gamble Nashville NEEDS to make. He's a warrior in the playoffs, so it's true that he can't be compared to Ovy and Crosby... because those two haven't even been in the playoffs yet.
Old 02-16-2007, 03:19 AM

anyone who thinks nashville made a bad trade is utterly retarded.

Nashville is now the cup favourite, for sure. Of course they lost a lot of prospects, but this year they now (currently) have the best team (yes better than Anaheim, buffalo)
Old 02-16-2007, 05:56 AM

Great deal for Nashville. Forsberg is money in the playoffs.
Old 02-16-2007, 11:39 AM

Hope he stays healthy, would be really cool to see him tear it up in the playoffs.
Old 02-16-2007, 12:24 PM

they should make a push for eric lindros and jason arnott and build the best nhl '97 team sega can handle
Old 02-16-2007, 12:25 PM

nashville is overrated imo because they play in an easy division. all of those games vs. chicago, the blue jackets and the blues has to help.

Last year both the red wings and predators went into the playoffs with the best 2 reg. season records in the west and got bumped in the 1st round.

forsberg is an awesome player. he's not a type that " wont fit in their lineup" like samsanov. he'll fit in real well on their 1st line