Jbrochu,
Variance in MTTS> Variance in SNGs.
Old 02-12-2007, 01:00 PM

Default Re: OT: I quit

[ QUOTE ]
Jbrochu,
Variance in MTTS> Variance in SNGs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand that I was just using the example to make a point and I believe the point is valid even if the numbers wouldn't look the same as similar numbers for a SnG player.

(A proven 10% ROI SnG player experiencing the worst 5% of luck over say 3000 SnG's probably also wants to kill himself.)
Old 02-12-2007, 01:14 PM

pineapple,

i hope i'm not one of the 3 douchebags (i usually am if someone is making a list, but you never know), but whatever. you seem like a good guy who has a few problems on the psychological end of poker. i hope that the clear piles of stress that online poker brings you will disolve instead of just be moved to some other part of your life. i hope you go write some cool screenplay or whatever it is you do. anyway, sorry stuff didn't work out, and all the best in the future. next time i'm in vegas hopefully we'll get a beer.

c
Old 02-12-2007, 01:22 PM

gl, you're my favorite poster!
Old 02-12-2007, 01:33 PM

papple,

I definitely know a part of what you have been through and what your mindset is right now so hit me up if you ever want to talk about it. I wish you the best, you're a cool dude!
Old 02-12-2007, 01:36 PM

i guess all that raping stars regulars talk back in october never really worked out for you
Old 02-12-2007, 01:38 PM

i'm sorry to hear that poker did not work out for you. i wish you the absolute best with whatever your next endeavor may be.
Old 02-12-2007, 01:39 PM

As long as you spend your last $12 on a haircut, you'll be fine. Hippie.
Old 02-12-2007, 01:47 PM

Good luck with your next venture. FWIW, I wrote a program to table profile before I sit down and you're on the short list of players it doesn't like.

-BK
Old 02-12-2007, 02:01 PM

Dude I'm really sorry to see this post. I know you don't really know me from Adam but we've played against each other a couple times. You seemed like a solid player (compared to me!).
The most difficult battle that we often face is that which occurs in our own heads. I can’t offer you any poker advice, but I can share this. I withdrew from chess tournaments back in 1996. I had achieved most of my “realistic” goals, state championship and international rating and used that as an excuse to walk away. The truth of the matter was the psychological pressure was killing me. What use to be healthy adrenaline rush was replaced with sheer terror. What was once a strong will to win was replaced by a fear of losing. Strangely enough this fear created some of my best play if you based it on creativity and results. The lows points and depression were also at record levels. I could not sustain the pain of being motivated by fear and walked away rather than deal with getting my emotions under control. Now it has been so long the desire is gone and the fear of returning has been replaced by a general apathy towards the game. I deeply regret it. If I could DeLorean my way back in time, I’d take a break, find my center and address the inner issues so that I once again could enjoy the game. I hope with poker that if I ever find myself in the same boat or convince myself that I’m a losing player that I’ll still find a way to do this on a recreational basis. The enjoyment in life is not just winning, it’s pursuing the dream. I’m not presuming to know you at all or well enough to offer this as advice, just my experience and wish you well.

I’ve been fond of this quote for many years
“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful what we pretend to be.” Kurt Vonnegut.

In recent months I’ve come to realize that this applys just as well to the world as it does ourselves and possibly even more so…
“The world is what we pretend it to be, so we must be careful what we pretend it to be.”

GL