Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2007, 12:30 AM

Default Re: Pros/Cons of Mexican/Canadian bank account *DELETED*

Looks like Canada is easy enough, how about Mexico. Whats the best bank to use in Mexico?
Old 01-22-2007, 12:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure only a Canadian address will not cut it with Neteller. I seem to remember them asking for a utilities bill as well which throws another kink into this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your current bills can be sent to other addresses.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think having my electric bill mailed to Canada is going to fool anyone. Sounds like you need a bill from a Canadian utility showing a Canadian service address.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:36 AM

Here's a link to Mexico banks and requirements for opening an account.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:37 AM

Sorry, here's the link:

http://www.mexonline.com/banks.htm
Old 01-22-2007, 02:23 AM

Default Re: Pros/Cons of Mexican/Canadian bank account

[ QUOTE ]
So you are able to use Neteller just as easily with your NZ account as you were with your US bank account?

[/ QUOTE ]

I use neteller in New Zealand no problem but I have to withdraw via debit card. I have never had to deposit.

And yes, I had to send them a utility bill w/my NZ address on it.
Old 01-22-2007, 03:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure only a Canadian address will not cut it with Neteller. I seem to remember them asking for a utilities bill as well which throws another kink into this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your current bills can be sent to other addresses.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think having my electric bill mailed to Canada is going to fool anyone. Sounds like you need a bill from a Canadian utility showing a Canadian service address.

[/ QUOTE ]

A credit card bill, vonage bill, etc would be fine. Obv you wouldn't send a Georgia Power bill to a Canadian mailbox and use that. Come on...it's not that complicated. Depending on what bills you get, car insurance could work, bank/investment statements, cell phone bill if you opted for a Canadian cell for your phone solution....there are a lot of options. Somebody somewhere prolly only has 3 bills and none would work, but most people could come up w/ 1 or two they could use.

I could even use my water/sewage bill since it's complex-wide through a 3rd party and doesn't list the service address (one water meter for the building and it gets divided by the number of rented units which varies from 600-700 units in the high rise).
Old 01-22-2007, 03:37 AM

Default Re: Pros/Cons of Mexican/Canadian bank account

I'll try to be polite. You're a [censored] idiot.

I've had a bank account in Mexico for 10 years. We travel down there frequently. It's no different than my Wells Fargo account here, except that the tellers speak better English and are more polite.

MM MD
Old 01-22-2007, 04:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A credit card bill, vonage bill, etc would be fine. Obv you wouldn't send a Georgia Power bill to a Canadian mailbox and use that. Come on...it's not that complicated. Depending on what bills you get, car insurance could work, bank/investment statements, cell phone bill if you opted for a Canadian cell for your phone solution....there are a lot of options.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to be too much of a jerk but how many of these are 'utilities'?
Old 01-22-2007, 04:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A credit card bill, vonage bill, etc would be fine. Obv you wouldn't send a Georgia Power bill to a Canadian mailbox and use that. Come on...it's not that complicated. Depending on what bills you get, car insurance could work, bank/investment statements, cell phone bill if you opted for a Canadian cell for your phone solution....there are a lot of options.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to be too much of a jerk but how many of these are 'utilities'?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's all semantics. Many people on the planet live in places where "all utilities are included" in their rent. They need to produce other items mailed to them in the form of bills. I've used insurance bills before in such situations. Vonage would be considered a utliity. I would consider a cell bill a utility. Use a little thought and social engineering and there should be no problems.

Bottom line is they're wanting address verification. If all your utilities are included in your rent, then something else must suffice...unless Neteller or whoever won't let you use their site/services if your utils are included in your rent. I still fail to see the difficulty here. *shrug*
Old 01-22-2007, 04:35 AM

If all utilities are included the only thing I've ever been able to use is a lease agreement.