Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2006, 05:11 PM

Default Re: Prominent NJ Net Comes out of the Closet?

lol its probably vince carter, but this couldn't be any smaller of a deal.

there's lots of homosexual/bisexuals in professional sports.
Old 12-11-2006, 05:12 PM

also, lol at niss for reading mediatakeout. haha.
Old 12-11-2006, 05:12 PM

GKA - it would be a huge story if an active pro athlete came out in one of the major 3 sports.

-Al
Old 12-11-2006, 05:13 PM

While I think the time for a prominent male athlete to be free to acknowledge his homosexuality or bisexuality is long overdue, apparently it remains a difficult thing. According to today's Star Ledger:

[ QUOTE ]
For weeks, there have been whispers -- from players and management types, who for obvious reasons don't want to speak for the record -- that this team has legitimate chemistry issues, personality conflicts and breakdowns in mutual trust. For the most part, these matters are unrelated to their jobs, but it has had a profound effect on their performances.

One player, who also requested anonymity so as not to disclose his team's dysfunction, was glib: "We'd make a pretty good HBO series right now," he said.

The hard evidence is sketchy, but the locker-room problems manifest themselves in a dozen little ways. Their fourth-quarter execution, for the most part, is awful. Their best players --notably Vince Carter and Richard Jefferson -- look distracted at times. Their inability to sustain effort is alarming. Their starting lineup, which was one of the most productive in the NBA last year and still pulls in 75 percent of the payroll, rarely takes control of games.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-11-2006, 05:15 PM

Niss:

[ QUOTE ]
While I think the time for a prominent male athlete to be free to acknowledge his homosexuality or bisexuality is long overdue, apparently it remains a difficult thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

This surprises you? If Jefferson or VC actaully get named in a legitimate news source, they are going to deny the hell out of it.

-Al
Old 12-11-2006, 05:18 PM

No, it doesn't surprise me at all. Didn't mean to imply that it would.
Old 12-11-2006, 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
While I think the time for a prominent male athlete to be free to acknowledge his homosexuality or bisexuality is long overdue, apparently it remains a difficult thing. According to today's Star Ledger:

[ QUOTE ]
For weeks, there have been whispers -- from players and management types, who for obvious reasons don't want to speak for the record -- that this team has legitimate chemistry issues, personality conflicts and breakdowns in mutual trust. For the most part, these matters are unrelated to their jobs, but it has had a profound effect on their performances.

One player, who also requested anonymity so as not to disclose his team's dysfunction, was glib: "We'd make a pretty good HBO series right now," he said.

The hard evidence is sketchy, but the locker-room problems manifest themselves in a dozen little ways. Their fourth-quarter execution, for the most part, is awful. Their best players --notably Vince Carter and Richard Jefferson -- look distracted at times. Their inability to sustain effort is alarming. Their starting lineup, which was one of the most productive in the NBA last year and still pulls in 75 percent of the payroll, rarely takes control of games.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure about RJ, but you can pretty much say this about Carter since his Raptors days.
Old 12-11-2006, 05:24 PM

Honestly, I might come off as a bigot here, but I don't care, cuz I love the gays. But I understand why an openly homosexual player could hurt a team's chemistry, and it doesn't make his teammates bigots, either. Nor does it mean a team can't get over it. But if this story breaks, there's going to be a ton of left-wing media stories about how silly it is for it to cause any distraction and the NBA needs to host 6 hour diversity seminars. And that's just ludicrous.
Old 12-11-2006, 05:30 PM

Obviously Vince Carter and Richard Jefferson's inability to sustain effort is because they're too tired from double teaming Tyson Beckford.
Old 12-11-2006, 05:57 PM

more nba players than you think are gay. word is that magic was bi-sexual also. as maybe cutino mobly mobley 'gay' pictures