Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2006, 12:02 PM

Default Re: OT: Analysis of my recent results (long)

I don't think we can look at an ITM finish distrubution without knowing your average chips stack when you get 3 handed.

If make the money with an average of 4500 chips, then you shouldn't have this many 3rds. However, you could be averaging 4000 or less, in which case you have to adjust your ITM expectations.

I'd like to determine an average starting chip count before jumping to the conclusion that your ITM play is bad or unlucky. (Maybe this was included on one of these charts, but I didn't see it.)
Old 12-08-2006, 12:50 PM

tl;dr

"It turns out that if 34 of these key showdowns had gone my way instead of Villain's way, the percentages would be swapped.."

This reminds me of the late Tommy Joe Eagles, an Auburn bball coach from the 90s who could never quite get over the hump. He would always say things like "We may be 5-4, but we're 22 points away from being 9-0."
Old 12-08-2006, 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd like to determine an average starting chip count before jumping to the conclusion that your ITM play is bad or unlucky. (Maybe this was included on one of these charts, but I didn't see it.)

[/ QUOTE ] Yep. Determining anything from what he posted in this thread without that information is wild conjecture.

Mods: why, exactly, hasn't OP been banned or at least suspended? His tone in this thread is exceptionally out of line.
Old 12-08-2006, 01:13 PM

pineapple,

How is it that you are more violently insecure and childish than 98% of a forum that is constituted primarily of people half your age? It seems like at least 50% of your posts that I read here are whining about how bad you're running, which isn't something that goes over particularly well, and then you wig the [censored] out when people start calling you on it and start pointing out that maybe, just maybe, you aren't the Perfect SNG Machine. You're worse than Dali in this regard, which is pretty amazing. About 20% of the rest of your posts appear to be calling people retarded in strategy posts.

In short, either you're crazy, which many people seem to attest that you're not, or you're demonstrating a highly developed capacity for going on monkey tilt which I would find surprising if it didn't extend to poker.
Old 12-08-2006, 01:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Mods: why, exactly, hasn't OP been banned or at least suspended? His tone in this thread is exceptionally out of line.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anybody who has contributed anything even resembling strategy probably won't be banned for anything they do in this forum, regardless of how douchy they get.
Old 12-08-2006, 01:22 PM

All I have to say about this thread is WOW!

Pineapple, thanks for making yourself look like a douche and providing entertainment for the rest of us.
Old 12-08-2006, 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How is it that you are more violently insecure and childish than 98% of a forum that is constituted primarily of people half your age?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait, pineapple is in his late thirties early fourties? Wow.
Old 12-08-2006, 01:41 PM

i think pineapple has gotten all he could hope to get done in this thread and all thats happened is that hes gotten into a flaming war with everyone else on the forum...not ideal for anyone. can we get a lock please?
Old 12-08-2006, 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
not ideal for anyone. can we get a lock please?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-08-2006, 01:43 PM

Done.
Closed Thread