Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy

Old 12-07-2006, 11:19 AM

Default Re: OT: TTFN

I know we have had our arguments before and this really sucks. However if you decide to keep on playing I suggest you take a step back and really re-evaluate your game, if you want to send me a HH or something I will be glad to look it. They type of downswing you have either happens to, losing-marginally winning players, tilt monkeys, or one of the unluckiest people in the world. Frankly I think the first two are much more likely. You seemed liked a very nice guy when we met for like five minutes in Vegas and everyone else has had very good things to say about you. It really sucks that this is your job if I went busto or on a big downswing I would be another poor student for you it means a lot more. It seems like you have the ability to be a winning player, but you thought you solved SnG's and stopped improving your game which retarded your game in general.
Bones made a very good post in the TFG thread about the mindset of a pro poker player, etc. I suggest you read it.

Best of Luck.
Old 12-07-2006, 11:21 AM

pineapple888,

Sorry to hear it man, I wish the best of luck in everything and hope you return someday.

B
Old 12-07-2006, 11:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
pineapple888,

Sorry to hear it man, I wish the best of luck in everything and hope you return someday.

FD

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-07-2006, 11:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
pineapple888,

Bill

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

your posts have certainly helped me a lot.
Old 12-07-2006, 11:55 AM

You will be missed.
Old 12-07-2006, 12:12 PM

Sorry to hear this.

Hopefully you will make a JayZ like return soon.

I look forward to meeting you at Irie's party.

GL
Jason
Old 12-07-2006, 12:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know we have had our arguments before and this really sucks. However if you decide to keep on playing I suggest you take a step back and really re-evaluate your game, if you want to send me a HH or something I will be glad to look it. They type of downswing you have either happens to, losing-marginally winning players, tilt monkeys, or one of the unluckiest people in the world. Frankly I think the first two are much more likely. You seemed liked a very nice guy when we met for like five minutes in Vegas and everyone else has had very good things to say about you. It really sucks that this is your job if I went busto or on a big downswing I would be another poor student for you it means a lot more. It seems like you have the ability to be a winning player, but you thought you solved SnG's and stopped improving your game which retarded your game in general.
Bones made a very good post in the TFG thread about the mindset of a pro poker player, etc. I suggest you read it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Listen to Pudge. Particularly the part in bold.

It's hard to find a way to say this given the situation without seeming like a dick, but you've always seemed like one of the most combative posters in this forum. I think you are letting your ego get in the way of your poker. I do it too sometimes. I think that that can be a pretty major failing for serious players, and I think that, if I were you, that would be a major thing I would look at and try and think about.
Old 12-07-2006, 12:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
WTF, two goodbye posts in one night, this sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not too happy with what's going on around here. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I missed an eventful night last night.

and by eventful I mean to say that this forum just took a few big losses.
Old 12-07-2006, 12:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
pineapple888,

Bill

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

your posts have certainly helped me a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-07-2006, 12:45 PM

Seriously, pineapple, you're a pretty good player, but from my observations (and I've got 81 games against you in the past week), you're probably tilting badly.

The only thing I've really noticed in your play is that you invite confrontation more than I would expect from a strong player, but I haven't seen you way out of line or anything.

If it makes you feel better, you seem to have my number completely.