Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2006, 05:26 PM

Default AA OOP 200BBs deep

This is a hand I played last night at NL50, but by this point most of the table had over 200 BBs, so I figure this is deep enough that small stakes is probably a slightly better place for it than micro. The guy to my right was sitting with 1000 BBs at one point, and there was a decent chunk of time where three of us were sitting with 300. So it's been an interesting game.

The villain in this hand has been at the table for a while. He seems competent and hasn't gotten out of line. My game has been mostly focused around the guy to my right; I'm taking almost every flop he takes, and a few otherwise, but other than that I've only been going to war with big hands. Effective stacks are $110.

I pick up AA UTG and raise to $2. Villain calls from the button, BB calls as well.

Flop comes 543 with two diamonds. I lead for about the pot, he raises to $19. Can't remember at the moment if I had the A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], but I'm pretty sure I did.

What's your plan for the rest of the hand?

EDIT: Forgot to mention it's 6 max.
Old 11-23-2006, 05:33 PM

Default Re: AA OOP 200BBs deep

Is this short handed or full ring?

How's the button been playing lately? Do you think he's the kind of player who would call a raise from a player UTG with TT,JJ,QQ,KK or AA? Or would he reraise those hands preflop? If he would reraise those hands preflop, than I think this is a fold.

Is he the kind of player who would raise a draw in position? If so than maybe you have a reraise at hand.

This is a decently tough hand, really only because of your position. Overall this is pretty read dependant i'd say. Against someody who I don't have a ton of info on, i'd fold, only barely.
Old 11-23-2006, 05:51 PM

Is the button capable of making this raise with a flush draw, or does he more likely have a set. Does he re-raise preflop with hands like 99 and JJ? Those are the questions i would ask myself.
Old 11-23-2006, 08:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is the button capable of making this raise with a flush draw, or does he more likely have a set. Does he re-raise preflop with hands like 99 and JJ? Those are the questions i would ask myself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure. Once you've asked them, how do you proceed?

Let's put him on a range of hands. He could easily have sets, possibly pair and draw hands like 65 or 66, a couple of flush draws, and overpairs. Against that range, how do you proceed, knowing that we've still got another $90 or so behind and $30 or so in the pot right now?
Old 11-23-2006, 08:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure. Once you've asked them, how do you proceed?

Let's put him on a range of hands. He could easily have sets, possibly pair and draw hands like 65 or 66, a couple of flush draws, and overpairs. Against that range, how do you proceed, knowing that we've still got another $90 or so behind and $30 or so in the pot right now?

[/ QUOTE ]

First thing that comes to mind: 54 suited.....

Also, 65, 76, sets, PP. You're way behind to 76, sets, and 54. You're coinflip with 65. You're way ahead of PP.

Depends on your read of him pre-flop (does he seem to call raises often or is he very tight?) and post-flop (does he make these raises often?), but this might be a fold situation.

Req
Old 11-23-2006, 08:49 PM

ugh, im struggling in those spots as well. I think there is no other option than calling on the flop, you canīt realy fold yet, you are behind equity wise against combodraws if you get it in on the flop and sets crush you, weak overpairs fold etctec.
In those spots itīs probably best to bet the turn semi strong ..like 3/4 pot or a little less. Most villians react pretty straight foreward to that, i.e. raise their sets AI and call draws. C/C save river.
Against a very aggresive player i c/r ai turn. I also sometimes fold the flop against good very TAG players. I cand find to play well against their range at all because they get the takecard vs semibluff turn frequency right with their draws.
Didnīt we play together at 100NL stars btw. ?