Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing

Old 11-10-2006, 10:41 AM

Default Re: Forum Project Step 2-3

[ QUOTE ]
How are you guys likeing drupal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not so much. I've abandoned it for Joomla. Joomla is essentially the same product but with better support, at least to my n00b understanding. There is a 183 page installation and setup manual that you can download from the joomla.org forums.

I've installed Joomla to my site and I am currently creating my site map and deciding on a structure for my content. So far it's going much more smoothly than drupal was.
Old 11-10-2006, 01:41 PM

I am on my way with Drupal. The info I got was that Joomla is much easier getting started, but long term the Drupal learning curve is worth it as it is a lot more powerful. The only thing I have heard so far is Drupal has a mod that makes your page names really good for SEO. It sounded like you had to manually do this in Joomla. If anyone looks at my site and wants to know how I did a specific feature, let me know and I will try to help. My problem right now is low content. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Pancho
Old 11-10-2006, 02:30 PM

I could see the benefits of using Drupal when I was playing with it, but I thought it was far too robust for my purposes. I've since switched to Wordpress which actually has quite a few CMS features that you wouldn't expect to find in a "blogging" software.

Site is up at http://www.shoestring-investing.com

@thejerkface, that domain rocks!
Old 11-10-2006, 09:17 PM

I'm a little bit behind schedule here.

My plan is to open an e-commerce store and then for this project create a site outlining all the steps I take. Well the supplier I was going to use requires you to have a business and does a credit check before you can get their catalog. So I filed to create a business (a LLC) in Wisconsin ($130) this week and just got approved today (yay!). Just hope I pass the credit check even though I won't really be applying for a line of credit with them.