Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2006, 10:26 PM

Default Re: leaks in your current game??

My biggest leak is TILT.

Second biggest is not recognizing when someone has a set.

Sets KILL ME.

AB
Old 11-02-2006, 11:39 AM

My biggest leak is that I don't know where my biggest leak is. I am doing everything pretty much like I am supposed to do, but the expectation refuses to realize itsself. I am constantly losing with the better hand and it's not even selective awareness, I can prove it with data and the sample is getting bigger and bigger every day.

My $WSD dropped from 57% to 48% within a few days because of sessions where I couldn't win a single pot, regardless if I flopped a set, a straight or the nut flush. My score with aces is 53% for overall negative EV and I cannot always throw them away only because a king or a jack shows up on the river.

Variance is my enemy and I have no idea how to deal with it, because protecting my hands doesn't work if I am the one who gets constantly re-raised from pre-flop to the river.

So far my NL tries where I thought I could protect my hands have been successful in theory, but unsuccessful in practive. Got stacked with trips, top-pair + nut flush and finally today with QQ vs. JJ on a x-J-x flop [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-02-2006, 01:21 PM

I have fixed several leaks in my game. I tilt less now, I have better game selection, and I'm getting better about not playing when I'm tired which for me is the death card.

I continue to fight letting variance get to my head. If you want to call it tilt, I guess it's okay but I'd describe it similar to depression.
Old 11-02-2006, 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I do too many other things while I am playing poker.

My win rate would probably double if I stopped adding TV, web browser, instant messaging, e-mail, phone and real life conversation to my online poker tables.

Of course if I cut all that out, I wouldn't want to play online poker nearly as much.

[/ QUOTE ]

Double ditto!
Old 11-02-2006, 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My river play is the worse of anyone you will ever meet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Push the turn.
Old 11-02-2006, 04:32 PM

I don't have PT and PAHUD. And I play when I'm real tired. I look people up a lot.
Old 11-02-2006, 06:00 PM

Playing for too long a period of time. Playing tired. Tilting after losing to beats or (especially) to cooler hands. For some reason, coolers p*ss me off way more than beats. Beats anger me for a short period of time, but I can quickly get past it and be happy that I got my money in good. Coolers just drive me insane and often tend to affect my play in a negative way for a while after the hand.
Old 11-02-2006, 09:44 PM

Tilting (with inverse tilt or beat tilt or tired tilt or tilt-o-rama tilt) is without question my biggest leak.

A related leak is the "I can beat him" syndrome - I see a sharp player, and I try to out play him. And lose.

A final leak is semibluffing into strength I don't realize till it's too late...

AB
Old 11-02-2006, 11:50 PM

Fancy Play Syndrome

poker wiki
Old 11-03-2006, 12:51 AM

my leak is i dont give my self a chance to build a roll. Never had to much of a problem beating any game i've ever played but when you when with your whole roll or don't give yourself enough buy'ins you are doomed no matter how good you are. i'm going to fix once i build a new roll from work and god help me if i buy it all in to a single table ever. lol