Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life

Old 11-28-2007, 01:26 PM

Default Speeding Ticket

Beat: Got pulled over for speeding.
Variance: WTF I wasn't speeding!

So last week on my way out of town for Thanksgiving I'm driving down the interstate with my cruise control set at 70. The speed limit is 65. I come over a hill, there's a cop, he pulls out behind me and pulls me over. At this point I'm thinking, "Huh, wasn't speeding, wonder what the problem is."

Anyway, cop tells me I was doing over 80. EXCUSE ME?!?!?!? I say, "That's impossible my cruise control was set at 70." He says he had me going over 80 so he'd have to write me a ticket. He comes back a few minutes later with the ticket and that superior cop attitude, "Ok sir, I cut you a break and only wrote the ticket for 75. To pay it... blah blah blah." He hands me the ticket.

"I've got a question. If I want to fight this what are my options? Because I find it pretty asinine that you come back to my car with a ticket written for faster than I was possibly going and you act like you're doing ME a favor."

"I'm not going to argue with you on the side of the highway." He walks back to his car, gets in, and drives away.

MOTHER [censored]!

So I'm pretty much just screwed right? I've only ever had one ticket (like 6 years ago), which I didn't dispute because I deserved that one. But if I try to fight this, it comes down to my word vs. the cop right? Which means no way I get out of it.

Such [censored] how cops can get away with [censored] like this.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:28 PM

Default Re: Speeding Ticket

[ QUOTE ]
WTF I wasn't speeding!

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
So last week on my way out of town for Thanksgiving I'm driving down the interstate with my cruise control set at 70. The speed limit is 65.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-28-2007, 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
WTF I wasn't speeding!

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
So last week on my way out of town for Thanksgiving I'm driving down the interstate with my cruise control set at 70. The speed limit is 65.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, obviously, but you know what I mean. No one gets pulled over for going 5 over on an interstate.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:34 PM

I guess you have 3 options.

1) Prove your speed control was set at 70. Then if you actually were clocked at 80 sue the maker of your car for a faulty speedometer. Good luck with that one.
2) Prove the officers radar gun was not calibrated correctly. Good luck.
3) Pay the ticket and take it up the ass.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:36 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

go to court? ask the cop relevant questions. when was his radar calibrated if he used radar, when was his speedometer calibrated if he paced you. If you do this a judge will see youre serious and if the cop has any missing evidence you have a fine chance of winning imo.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
3) Pay the ticket and take it up the ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah... fun times. The ticket is only $100, but it's just the principle of the thing that infuriated me.

FWIW, the find for 5 over (what I was actually doing) is $65. So Basically I'm getting screwed for $35 I guess.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:39 PM

Even with cruise control on when you go down an incline you speed up especially if you have an SUV or Truck.........................
Old 11-28-2007, 01:41 PM

I am not 100% sure but if you do go to court I believe radar picks up the heaviest vehicle it is pointed at. I would do some research on this if you go to court but if the cop had the radar gun pointed at you and behind you was a large truck the speed would not be related to your lighter car.

Once again I heard this some where and am not sure it is true.

[ QUOTE ]
Even with cruise control on when you go down an incline you speed up especially if you have an SUV or Truck.........................

[/ QUOTE ]

I realize this. But when you see a cop your natural reaction is to immediately look at your speedometer. I was still at 70. Also, I drive a small car.

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

lololol. complaining about 100 bucks. I just got a 400 dollar ticket in california. boooo yah, im sure glad we have the highway patrol to "enforce safety". They should just change their name to "tax collection based on who we feel like collecting from". I have been pulled over 4 times, 0 warnings. I have been in a car where a girl got pulled over 3 times and they got 0 tickets. The CHP should literally be shut down and paying out massive class action lawsuits, not given a position of massive power.

example of how legitimate the CHP is:

if you want to submit a complaint they wont allow you to do so through their website, you have to go to their website, print out a form, fill it out and mail it. Making it as complicated as possible for citizens to give feedback to an organization that is supposed to care about safety is just mind boggling and pretty much spot on proof that they know they are doing a miserable job.