Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION

Old 11-21-2007, 03:40 AM

Default Re: jay\'s mentor thread

I absolutely support any decision you make here.

I won't lie. You know better than I what is best here. At least I believe that for the time being and will act accordingly. I reserve the right to change my opinion.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
fwiw, i just got a pm from a long time, respected poster, thanking me for having moved jay's thread here, and telling me that jay has been warned repeatedly in the past for spamming. knowing who the poster is, i totally believe him, even though obviously there are no notes about these previous warnings.

[/ QUOTE ]

heh, can i guess? i am pretty sure i know who that would be.

jay used to be an affiliate (and also owned pokerhand) and i believe it is true that he did some lameish spamming 3 years ago, but i don't believe it was anything more severe than in the Loc: field.

he has no rakeback business or websites now, this is purely an attempt to give something back to the community. like he himself said, if he wanted to make money surely he'd just coach at $300/hr.

anyway, thanks mat.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:41 PM

Just as an FYI,

I disallow free coaching posts in uNL as I feel it is a form of promotion for coaching, kinda like PR. I think leaving this here sets a bad precedent, but thats just my opinion.
Old 11-21-2007, 02:55 PM

yeti,

feel free to guess if you want.

emc,

way to chime in promptly yo. jk. your concern is in fact one of the reasons why i'm hesitant on this issue. it's incredibly rare that anything is "free", and just because we have some people who swear jay is a great guy doesn't mean that there's a great reason to think that he never, at any point, would consider getting future income from this free service.

anyway, results i guess is that we've got to do some case by case handling here, which isn't *that* bad i suppose, but leaves us open to seeming biased, inconsistent, etc. if it turns out that jay long term seeks to make a serious coaching site of some sort and use this free coaching as promotion, etc, well, i'll just punch yeti in the face when i meet him.

c
Old 11-21-2007, 07:28 PM

lori?

if that's wrong i'm confident i could get it in the next one, two tops.
Old 11-23-2007, 08:25 PM

All,

It's weird that the thread got moved while the blueman staking threads were quite high profile for a long time on BBV and threads like the LegoPoker thread with all their coaches talking about how good the videos are is going on in NVG. I'm not going to repeat my thoughts on 2+2 policy/enforcement around stuff like that. Just seems weird that Jay's was singled out.
Old 11-23-2007, 10:49 PM

I actually talked with blueman before this whole jay thing went down and told him his staking thing was probably going to be temporary and that he needed to stop discussion about it as a business.

I disagree with Jay's thread being moved to the mod forum in the first place.
Old 11-24-2007, 06:45 AM

I now want to see crackdowns across the board on this type of promotion.

Stox and deuces cracked have a partnership with us.

Anyone in the same field as them get no free ads.

As always, I am open to the possibility that my perspective is flawed. Crackdown, resign if that applies, or convince me I'm wrong.
Old 11-24-2007, 11:04 AM

the jay's thread has run its course and blewaman is banned i think? so bbv is pretty clear from now on

no point in moving jay's thread back here after he's already selected his people.
Old 11-27-2007, 11:55 AM

From the bottom of the thread at the moment, in case anyone was not following anymore:

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Ill challenge myself to do better in 6 month than any of the students in this!

Anyways to hijack this thread, anyone of the serious people in here interested In trying to set up a forum for private hand discussion, so that we can filter some of the "noise" out.

It is obviously not as good as this but if people are willing to put time into it it will have a way better content to noise ratio than the forums offers atm.

[/ QUOTE ]

I got a couple of PMs after this and a forum has been setup if anybody is interested...

[/ QUOTE ]