Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

Old 11-25-2007, 11:56 AM

Default Re: **FCS (formerly I-AA) Football Playoff Thread**

As for the Committee they are always bad and biased in their selections for the most part. THey hate Wofford and Wofford will never get in unless we win the SoCon and the automatic bid. That being said Wofford should have had a home game since we won the automatic bid and beat App state and opening day for conference play. But we went out to montana and won. They could not stop our rushing attack. Wofford was set up to try and get beat by that committee. Well Wofford won and has proably more momentum than any team in the playoffs now cause the first game was a big one for wofford. If wofford and App state win again, App should have to come back to wofford to play us again cause we won the heads up game and because there is obvious favortism for App in the committee. I am and have always been a wofford fan and have seen a few 9-2 and 9-3 seasons end with no playoffs for our team. Understand this, Wofford is more about getting that committee and makeing them look bad than winning the games. But we must win the games to do that. The selection committee needs to be done away with and go on a power rateting system like the BCS and the top 16 teams at the end of the season with all the points and other things factored in go to the playoffs not this coaches and AD's picking people for favor later on, Frankly the committee is BS and Wofford has been stung by them more than anyone. All that being said GO T-DOGS! after treeing the grizz we are going to be hard to stop. Although I doubt anyone is going to beat UNI. Good luck to all of you and your teams.
Old 11-25-2007, 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Honestly, this year's field are all pretty solid picks except for UNH. Should have been Norfolk State IMO

[/ QUOTE ]

UNH nearly beat the number one seed yesterday. UNI scored the winning touchdown with 7 seconds left.
Old 11-26-2007, 12:20 AM

bump
Old 11-26-2007, 12:27 AM

history repeats itself for JMU... up 8 with 5 min to go and blow it by going for it on 4th and 2 on own 30 up by 5 with 3 min to go... and then blow it again after driving the field to the 10 for a GW FG and fumble. hard to lose that one.
Old 11-26-2007, 12:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Honestly, this year's field are all pretty solid picks except for UNH. Should have been Norfolk State IMO

[/ QUOTE ]

UNH nearly beat the number one seed yesterday. UNI scored the winning touchdown with 7 seconds left.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok yeah, I made that post before that game.

Also, I am still so depressed from the JMU game. You have the ball on the 10 yard line, set to kick a FG to win the game with 30 seconds left and you fumble.

How does that even happen?

The image of the ASU crowd going nuts (I was there) is burned into my head forever.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:05 PM

Uggh...first the Mets collapse, then the Jets are awful and now JMU getting bit by the "mountain magic". I'll be back in this thread later this week with some predictions. I just can't think about FCS football right now.
Old 11-26-2007, 04:03 PM

seeing this thread makes me sad and excited at the same time. My team is eligible for the first time next year and nearly finished off a perfect season losing a heartbreaker in the last game of the year due to horrendous special teams. I also heard from several players that if they would have won that game the NCAA would have given them some sort of ring. Anyone know anything about this?
Old 11-26-2007, 04:42 PM

Obviously you are speaking of North Dakota State. I too can't wait to see what they can do next year. They have an excellent team and program. And next year they will be in the Gateway, arguably the toughest FCS conference in the country (the CAA and SoCon might have something to say about that though).

I don't know if the NCAA would have given them some sort of ring should they have had a perfect season. I guess they could have gotten a ring for winning the Great West Conference, but the loss to South Dakota State nullified that possibility.
Old 12-01-2007, 11:10 AM

Well Round 2 begins in a few hours.

Eastern Washington @ Appalachian State (Noon)
Even though Eastern Washington has been playing it's best football for weeks now, how can you not like the Mountaineers at home? The long plane ride for EWU coupled with the early start time and some more of the mountain magic will have ASU in the Semi's once again.

Delaware @ Northern Iowa (2pm)
Delaware looked great last week at home, but somehow a High School team made it into the I-AA playoffs and faced them. Meanwhile, UNI barely got past the CAA's (arguably) 5th best team in UNH. Delaware has some serious offensive fire power in Flacco and Cuff, but the Panthers can play some D. Delaware grabs the lead early but their defense lets them down again in the 2nd half. Northern Iowa by 14.

Massachusetts @ Southern Illinois (3:15pm)
Both of these teams are pretty evenly matched. The Saluki's have faired a bit better on offense this year, but its too damn close to call. I can see this game going to OT, maybe more than one. I'll just go with UMASS because I'm a CAA homer.

Richmond @ Wofford (7pm)
Wait a damn minute! Wofford gets a home game in the playoffs? That's can't be right. But it is! The Terriers went up to Missoula last weekend and beat previously undefeated Montana in a close one. Their "reward" was a home game against CAA Co-Champion Richmond. Both of these teams can seriously run the football. But Wofford is a bit too one dimensional for my liking and the Spiders are pretty good at stopping the run. I like Richmond in this one.
Old 12-02-2007, 12:57 AM

Well I went 50/50. Congrats to Delaware and Richmond. These teams are representing the CAA well.