FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2007, 11:24 AM

Default Re: KK smooth call, crai

Also, minraise flop.
Old 11-21-2007, 11:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I just think there's more profitable lines. What hands do you hope call a 2x pot push?

[/ QUOTE ]
It's only 100bb deep so this is not much more than a psb (180 vs 150). I think we're getting called by good FDs, QQ and due to the presence of the FD sometimes Jx. Pushing is best also because we don't want to play this turn oop and we're ahead alot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cant see how he cant call with 99/TT too occasionally.
And whats a more profitable line? check/call check turn ? Everything we beat just checks behind. We are never folding but our opponent might fold if scary cards come. Even a flop donk sucks because we arent getting raised much.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:08 PM

This is super standard given how we played the hand imo. I take this same line as a bluff sometimes vs TAGs that 3bet me too much (although it's better vs a bigger 3bet), so it's good for metagame too if he's a reg. As NRoyale stated, we don't want to continue OOP especially since board is already somewhat drawery.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:37 PM

The only difference between a standard pot sized raise and this is sometimes I might get looked up light because the shove looks like a draw or overs. There is nothing wrong with the cr here imo but preflop is questionable.

Still noone answed my question about possible smooth calling the flop... Its not something I ever do but I think I might mix it in vs some regs now and then to throw them off. If smooth call flop then the play is to bet the turn? Or cr?
Old 11-21-2007, 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Yeah or AQ [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
No, we're hoping that AQ [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] folds, 'cause they'd be correct to call.

And someone else making a +EV play doesn't need to be -EV for us, but it does mean that they could've made a different play which would be more +EV for us.
Eg. we shove a combodraw, they call with TP is +EV for them with dead money in the pot, and +EV for us since we're ahead. We prefer they fold because that's more +EV for us, though.

Anyway, if you don't 4-bet this hand preflop, which hand do you 4-bet? Or do you only occasionally smoothcall here?

CRAI on this flop seems pretty standard and a good way to go(check/call donk turn sucks, check/call check turn sucks, check/raise small might work but villain gets to call too many hands profitably), although donkbetting is fun sometimes 'cause some regs hate donkbets and have a tendency to bluffraise them without reads.

And usually position aware regs will not have a terribly loose CO vs MP 3-betting range. A 20/10 usually doesn't have a wide 3-betting range anyway, so I like preflop 4-bet a lot more since he will generally have better hands.
Old 11-21-2007, 01:04 PM

You should be taking this line with enough hands that he is calling with QJ. If you are, then it's perfect of course.
Old 11-21-2007, 01:05 PM

I was hoping villain was tilted and woulg stack off light otf. This is probably the only time over my last 10k I've sc with KK . I took him for a 250bb pot appx 20 minutes earlier with a set and I'm pretty sure he was looking to play pots with me. He prob folds to a 4bet so w/e, I dont think this is bad considering I need to not become predictable vs regs. He prob calls w tp here too.
Old 11-21-2007, 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
villain is 20/10 and I recently stacked him so I thought It would be a good time to disguise my hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's an even better time to make a 4-bet that looks like he has FE to shove, especially if he's at all tilty.
Old 11-21-2007, 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just think there's more profitable lines.

[/ QUOTE ]

of course there is - this is just the easiest way to play the hand

c/c, c/shove is almost certainly more profitable in the long run
Old 11-21-2007, 01:57 PM

i advocate 4betting pre, is a villain you recently stacked looking to fold JJ/QQ after he makes that awkward looking 3-bet? we're going to be oop going to the flop, the pot is 3-bet (tiny 3-bet), you have 2nd nuts right now. build a bigger pot so you can play for stacks easily post.

i think there exist a fair # of hands in villains 3bet min-raise range in this spot (lol) that aren't going to look so great on some flops and he may opt to go for pot control.
balance this with your intended plan of disguising your hand and the eventual pot size that may yield.

i think vast majority of the time just 4bet, overcomplicating the situation gets messy for you quickly