Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review

Old 11-15-2007, 08:13 PM

Default Re: favorite scenes from the wire (SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS)

[ QUOTE ]
prettymuch anything mcnulty says, or instance when he constantly repeats "the [censored] did i do?" or my ersonal favorite

My wife, the way she deals with [censored] sometimes, you would think a lesser man, a cruder man, a man less sensitized to the charms and value of women...not me, but a man like that...he just might just call her a c**t.

[/ QUOTE ]

The response was the best part of this.

Greggs: You just called the mother of your children a c**t.
McNulty: No, I did not call her that!
Greggs: Yes, you [censored] did!
McNulty: I did not!
Old 11-16-2007, 02:16 AM

I can't remember the exact episode it is from but the scene in which Bunk meets Omar and calls him out. Omar had just hit a Barksdale house and one of his girls got shot on the way out.

The scene has Omar and Bunk sitting on a bench and Bunk just rips into Omar. Quite a powerful lecture about how things used to be in their high school days, before every corner boy had a gun.
Old 11-16-2007, 11:40 AM

I am a huge fan. Its hard to pick individual scenes or characters because there are so many. My favorite episode is the finale of Season 4, Final Grades.

I love when Avon gets in the referee's face and he starts getting scared and Avon says something like "[censored], you mean like a do-over? What the [censored] is wrong with you? You cant let any [censored] get in your face. Turn around and walk away you ignorant [censored]." And then shortly later Avon shaking finger while driving past Daniels.

When Marlo asks Micheal where he got the ring from and he says "I took it from a [censored]". Marlo took the ring from Andre, Omar took the ring from Marlo, The Crooked Cop took the ring from Omar and he took it from the cop.

Prop Joe constantly playing everyone. Adding 10% on top of the 20% to buy the heron back from Omar. Marlo wanting to kill cheese over the deal but Prop Joe refusing to give him up, but concedes letting Marlo make contact with Spiros (knowing that it will probably lead to Marlo trying to go to The Greek directly).

Bodie staying on the corner and the headshake and look he gives Poot who runs past O-Dog. I really liked Bodie even though he killed Wallace.
Old 11-16-2007, 11:58 AM

When Omar pays Prop Joe for Avons beeper number and tries to kill him outside of Orlando's. Avon figures it out at the last minute and leaps infront of the car.

Omar testifying in court against Byrd wearing the tie. What do you do for a living? "I rip and run." "I got the shotgun, you got the briefcase. Its all in the game."
Old 11-16-2007, 12:00 PM

Guy: I’m sayin’: every Friday night in an alley behind the Cut Rate, we rollin’ bones, you know? I mean all them boys, we roll til late.

McNulty: Alley crap game, right?

Guy: Like every time, Snot, he’d fade a few shooters, play it out til the pot’s deep. Snatch and run.

McNulty: What, every time?

Guy: Couldn’t help hisself.

McNulty: Let me understand. Every Friday night, you and your boys are shootin’ crap, right? And every Friday night, your pal Snot Boogie… he’d wait til there’s cash on the ground and he’d grab it and run away? You let him do that?

Guy: We’d catch him and beat his ass but ain’t nobody ever go past that.

McNulty: I’ve gotta ask you: if every time Snot Boogie would grab the money and run away… why’d you even let him in the game?

Guy: What?

McNulty: Well, if every time, Snot Boogie stole the money, why’d you let him play?

Guy: Got to. It’s America, man.
Old 11-17-2007, 11:32 AM

D'Angelo teaching Wallace and Bodie chess was also very cool.