Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What % of people are more polltarded than OP?
0-1% 18 62.07%
1-2% 4 13.79%
2-4% 3 10.34%
4-7% 1 3.45%
7-9% 3 10.34%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-08-2007, 11:56 AM

Default Re: Beat: Am a freak and a very weird dude.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I fail to see how Howard is an [censored] at all... he didn't know his email would be shown.

[/ QUOTE ]
Duane "Dog the Bounty Hunter" didn't know his phone call TO HIS SON wouldn't be recorded either. He less of an [censored] for it?

[/ QUOTE ]
Seriously Dali. You see how these aren't analgous at all.

[/ QUOTE ]
They ARE analogous, just not really congruous, and I find your continuous attacking of my virtuous and sensuous posts fatuous and disingenuous. Next time try being less conspicuous with your ambiguous responses.

[/ QUOTE ]

i loled

[/ QUOTE ]

congratulations, you loled. no one cares.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:57 AM

ZOMG a degenerate poker player can be described as being a "weird freak"?! LOL. I mean, what next -- we hear that someone accuses academic mathematicians of being a weird lot?

I guess FTP wants to keep it's image pure as represented by those mom-and-pop-apple-pie paragons of normalcy in Lederer, Matusow, and Jesus, etc.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lol @ everybody hating Howard for basically being honest and correct (not so much about gobbo, but about him being a horrible marketing choice). Do we expect everybody to be super nice in internal communication?

Also lol @ gobbo continuing to be a forum sacred cow.

[/ QUOTE ]
I know you like to rip into other people who are still fat, but really this is kinda out of line. Even internally there are other ways to say "he's a fat white kid from the midwest with zero marketability in the current state of things" besides "he's a freak and a very weird dude"

[/ QUOTE ]

And if this was a public statement that would be 100% true.

It wasn't, and it's ridic to assume that everybody talks like perfect gentlemen in closed quarters.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"I also can't wait for the day Jimmy gets to rub Howard's face in this. "

Sometimes, no matter what hurt has been inflicted upon us, it takes a better and stronger man to forgive and forget. This is one of those times that it is better to forgive H.L. for the derogatory comments.

In fact, if this happened to me, I would follow up an additional e-mail to Howard and tell him that I realize now, he did not intend for these negative words to get back to me and cause me pain, and I forgive you.

Jimmy, believe me you will feel better, and only good things can happen after this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jimmy's not hating on HL, and obviously rubbing Howard's face in it means at the poker table. Just like Annette did to Pokerstars when they turned her down.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
First of all, Howard business acumen is stupid. He is probably judging Gobbo from one or two events at most, failing to acknowledge the hordes of internet poker players who follow and respect his game. Just judging from Gobbo's letter to FT, you can tell that if he had to represent FT on a business level, he would clean up his act. If FT were smart, they'd do a phone interview or something, but that's asking too much.

Secondly, I don't know about Howard Lederer and his [censored] video tapes, but three paragraphs of Gobbo's theory posts for MTTs did more for my game than Lederer's analysis ever has.

Thirdly, I guess that if Gobbo was just "weird" or just a "freak," he would get a sponsorship. I mean, you just have to be a total douchebag to describe a person as a "dude" who is "weird and a freak." That kind of "cool kid" intel suburbanite meets retro hippy attitude is [censored] that we try to forget about after high school or (unfortunately) college. Hearing it come out of a 40+ year old's mouth is more disturbing, IMO, than a hyper gifted 20 year old with a weight problem who needs to clean himself up a little.

Fourth, FTP has a former drug addict / convict on like half of its commercials now. I guess that's the representation they are looking for.

Perhaps Howard is intimately associated with the business people at full tilt and therefore speaks his mind freely and casually amongst his peers. Still, I really can't stand his analysis.

Hein

[/ QUOTE ]

QFMFT
Old 11-08-2007, 12:12 PM

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/play...=s&n=68936

here is why they refused sponsorship, one donkament 2nd place does not maketh the poker pro
Old 11-08-2007, 12:16 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lol @ everybody hating Howard for basically being honest and correct (not so much about gobbo, but about him being a horrible marketing choice). Do we expect everybody to be super nice in internal communication?

Also lol @ gobbo continuing to be a forum sacred cow.

[/ QUOTE ]
I know you like to rip into other people who are still fat, but really this is kinda out of line. Even internally there are other ways to say "he's a fat white kid from the midwest with zero marketability in the current state of things" besides "he's a freak and a very weird dude"

[/ QUOTE ]

And if this was a public statement that would be 100% true.

It wasn't, and it's ridic to assume that everybody talks like perfect gentlemen in closed quarters.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can confirm that I say horrible things about my clients all the time when speaking internally. I am glad they don;t see what I say.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:31 PM

Gobboboy doesn't have a super-impressive live tournament record yet because he's not old enough to play in US tournaments. Given his skills, I'd be very surprised if he doesn't become a big winner in the US tournament scene once he turns 21.

We had Gobboboy on NWP Radio once, and I didn't know what to expect. I was pleasantly surprised to discover he was actually a cool guy, and quite mature for his age.

Given that Gobbo is male, his looks are less important in terms of marketing. If he's one of the top tournament players (and it appears he's probably going to be), he's definitely an asset from the poker marketing standpoint. Maybe he doesn't have a future in doing Full Tilt commercials, but he definitely has a future in getting them exposure and claiming another succesful pro on their team.

Besides, has anyone looked at the roster of Full Tilt "pros" lately? It seems they add anyone with a pulse these days.

Regarding Howard Lederer: Yes, this was an internal message, but mistakes do happen -- as witnessed here. A similar blunder occurred at the last company I worked at. One of our support guys called a customer "retarded", and that e-mail was accidentally attached to the official reply sent to that customer. Afterwards, a new protocol was developed by the company NEVER to say anything negative about any customers in internal e-mail. Howard could learn a lot from that.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol who's the athletic and attractive young man on the left?
Old 11-08-2007, 12:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is one of the funniest posts OP that I ever did read. I salute you.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]