Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who is hotter?
Charlize Theron 160 42.11%
Ana Beatriz Barros 220 57.89%
Voters: 380. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-04-2007, 05:08 AM

Default Re: Fulltilt froze my account with 47 grand in it

Perhaps group 2 are 'adviser' type bots, leaving the human to click the mouse? That means the most obvious bot-like timing/hang-up behaviour won't be seen.

It's pretty well known that HU Limit Holdem is the game in which the bots are strongest (and multi-handed deep-stack games the ones in which they are the weakest) - so I guess it pays for FTP to look for bots very aggressively amongst the high-stake HU limit players
Old 11-04-2007, 05:18 AM

How can you show you're not using a bot as an 'advisor' AI aide, with you clicking the mouse? At high enough stakes this would be well worth doing for a botter.

I don't think anyone is claiming you are running 12 unattended bots here, like the old school botters.

You are setting up straw men here, which never looks good when trying to make a case.
Old 11-04-2007, 05:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well the tone of this thread has certainly changed. No more “thieving FTP give sillysal her money back” comments. Perhaps this is a good lesson in allowing investigations to proceed before wading in against an obviously very honest poker site that is determined to weed out cheaters.

There is obviously other damning evidence that we have not seen yet and perhaps never will. Having seen other information it will be interesting to hear from Mike Haven whether he is comfortable with FTP’s decision to confiscate sillysal’s $47K.

I say well played FTP and if new players are looking for a trustworthy site to play and need rakeback you need look no further if you like an honest game.

The only thing I would say at this point is that FTP should post a detailed letter as to what information will or will not be given on a public forum such as this in future. It may stop people asking for information that is never going to be forthcoming. Also, what systems are in place for sillysal to challenge their decision because everybody should have that right.

[/ QUOTE ]

The process is in question more than the outcome. I don't think guilt or innocence was the cause of most concern here. For me and a lot of other posters, it was the way FT handled this situation. No communication with the accused, No disclosure of "facts" with the accused, No chance for the accused to argue his/her case.
Old 11-04-2007, 06:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well the tone of this thread has certainly changed. No more “thieving FTP give sillysal her money back” comments. Perhaps this is a good lesson in allowing investigations to proceed before wading in against an obviously very honest poker site that is determined to weed out cheaters.

There is obviously other damning evidence that we have not seen yet and perhaps never will. Having seen other information it will be interesting to hear from Mike Haven whether he is comfortable with FTP’s decision to confiscate sillysal’s $47K.

I say well played FTP and if new players are looking for a trustworthy site to play and need rakeback you need look no further if you like an honest game.

The only thing I would say at this point is that FTP should post a detailed letter as to what information will or will not be given on a public forum such as this in future. It may stop people asking for information that is never going to be forthcoming. Also, what systems are in place for sillysal to challenge their decision because everybody should have that right.

[/ QUOTE ]
You're being results oriented, imo.

The original concern about being accused and having an account frozen without being properly informed and updated went by the wayside once FT came out with their decision.

As you alluded to at the end of your post, most of us with concerns about the lack of an appeal process still have that concern, as many of us did in the BeatMe1 case as well. Guilt or innocence doesn't affect whether a person has the right to appeal a conviction in the court system, nor should it here.
Old 11-04-2007, 06:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]

The original concern about being accused and having an account frozen without being properly informed and updated went by the wayside once FT came out with their decision.

As you alluded to at the end of your post, most of us with concerns about the lack of an appeal process still have that concern, as many of us did in the BeatMe1 case as well. Guilt or innocence doesn't affect whether a person has the right to appeal a conviction in the court system, nor should it here.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-04-2007, 06:23 AM

WTF am I gonna do with 10000 "free silly sally" t-shirts?
Old 11-04-2007, 06:25 AM

cross out the word "free"
Old 11-04-2007, 06:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Guilt or innocence doesn't affect whether a person has the right to appeal a conviction in the court system, nor should it here.

[/ QUOTE ]
Bobo, I'm certainly not arguing against that point and have said so myself. FTP need to go that extra step now and convince everybody that we can appeal in some way should our accounts get suspended.
Old 11-04-2007, 07:32 AM

if i was silly sall and was innocent i would be all over this thread. if i was silly sall and was guilty id be doing what she is doing.
Old 11-04-2007, 07:37 AM

'cause if you lost $47k, arguing with a bunch of anonymous people who have no control over getting your money back would be your number one priority?