Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2007, 01:22 AM

Default Re: Am I gonna get audited

no
Old 11-01-2007, 01:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Walmart cashes 1k checks?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, I find this hard to believe also. Although I've never tried it so I could be sticking my foot in my mouth.
Old 11-01-2007, 01:42 AM

walmart will cash up to $1500 checks for a flat charge of $3. They are only supposed to cash payroll or government checks so sometimes if you get a nosy service rep you want be able to cash a cashiers check like the ones you get from pokerstars. However if they do ask just tell them you work for the bank that issued the cashiers check. It always clears there computer system even though the sugn clearly says payroll and government checks only.
Old 11-01-2007, 01:44 AM

SO what happens if I do get audited. Will I really go to jail.
Old 11-01-2007, 01:51 AM

Couldn't I just say that I lost it all gambling somewhere else since I dont really have anything to show for my winnings
Old 11-01-2007, 01:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You might want to worry more about jail time instead of just and audit. Judging by your post it sounds like you intently are trying to evade taxes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Get a clue.. he made 15k, the standard deductions and exemptions are what.. 11-12k? at most he'd owe a few hundred plus penalties, depending on how much taxes were paid at the part time job.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is false..OP is INTENTIONALLY not reporting taxable income which is FRAUD...Fraud is a completely different ball game the making a mistake in reporting or "unintentionally" under reporting income...Fraud can land you in jail...Jail is highly unlikely based on the small dollars involved..But the IRS agent will use the treat of jail time against you...

As is pointed out OP has paid some taxes from a PT job and will be able to take deductions..So why risk it..It's not worth it no matter how low the chance of an audit is..
Old 11-01-2007, 02:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You might want to worry more about jail time instead of just and audit. Judging by your post it sounds like you intently are trying to evade taxes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Get a clue.. he made 15k, the standard deductions and exemptions are what.. 11-12k? at most he'd owe a few hundred plus penalties, depending on how much taxes were paid at the part time job.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is false..OP is INTENTIONALLY not reporting taxable income which is FRAUD...Fraud is a completely different ball game the making a mistake in reporting or "unintentionally" under reporting income...Fraud can land you in jail...Jail is highly unlikely based on the small dollars involved..But the IRS agent will use the treat of jail time against you...

As is pointed out OP has paid some taxes from a PT job and will be able to take deductions..So why risk it..It's not worth it no matter how low the chance of an audit is..

[/ QUOTE ]

Your honor, may I present to you, the defendant's 2p2 posts. Clearly, as you can see here, he is INTENTIONALLY avoiding paying his income tax.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Couldn't I just say that I lost it all gambling somewhere else since I dont really have anything to show for my winnings

[/ QUOTE ]

You could also like rape your sister you know.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Walmart cashes 1k checks?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, I find this hard to believe also. Although I've never tried it so I could be sticking my foot in my mouth.

[/ QUOTE ]

its true, i have a buddy who doesn't have a bank account(wtf) and cashes all his payroll checks at walmart, i witnessed him cash an $1800 check 3 weeks ago.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Er, you probably shouldn't air this out publicly. Not smart.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right you DEFINITELY have to pay taxes now. No choice about it. The penalties for WILFUL (knowing) evasion are MUCH worse than inadvertent error.