Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2007, 04:08 AM

Default Re: A guy did this twice in a live tourney....

My first impression is that it's pretty harmless, but doesn't offer near the actual benefit as the perceived benefit. Sure, he's got a chip and a chair. I came back once from one big blind left at the final table to winner. But it doesn't happen very often. Plus if that one chip has significant value better to value bet with it than save it for longshot last ditch saves.

Al
Old 09-23-2007, 06:07 AM

Here's a new rule. Chips cannot be used as a card protector. This is sad. Put a penny on it. When people play these local tournaments and see this, they don't come back. Is this the purpose of your inane angle shot? This makes me sick.
Old 09-23-2007, 11:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I pretty often push 98% of my chips in during a tournament and purposely DO NOT go all-in. I get kinda grumpy when the dealer or players not in the hand start spewing "He's all-in" or worse "He's almost all-in HAHA". I'm doing it on purpose so I don't have to say the words...it's a psychological thing, I think, and folks behave differently at the table when they face an "all-in" bet vs a carefully measured out, seemingly exactly contemplated 12,000. And if they don't notice that I have 500 left after betting 12,000, that's cool--that's what I'm hoping for.

[/ QUOTE ]

BTW this is one of the reasons the dealer should not mention that a player is all in unless his bet would otherwise be illegal.
Old 09-23-2007, 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Here's a new rule. Chips cannot be used as a card protector.

[/ QUOTE ]

Worst new rule ever.

I propose that ONLY a chip can be used a card protector. Get rid of all the non-essential junk off the table. No more arguing with the guy who wants to use his Blackberry, which is so big it conceals 99% of a card.

If all your chips are in the middle, then hold onto your cards with your fingers. You may find this inconvenient, but in less than a minute, the hand will be over, and you'll have chips for your next hand.