Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 06:22 PM

Default Re: $300 to sit thru a time-share sales pitch

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
When you leave you want them to think you don't understand the concept of a time share.

[/ QUOTE ]

It seems like going with this angle would only make them take more time talking to you to explain everything in further detail.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd rather spend 2 hours and have fun, then 90 minutes and be bored to tears.

Edit: Also it would be a good idea to tell them the only money you have is the $300 your about to recieve and you were hoping to buy the condo for less than that.

The key here is that they really believe you are this stupid, they'll enjoy it too. if you can't pull it off they'll just think your an [censored], and they'd be right.
Old 12-18-2006, 07:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm confused...Youre giving up 5 hours of your day and paying for gas for $300? Are they also giving you a free night or anything?

[/ QUOTE ]

I had a choice between 3 days/2 nights at the resort and $100 or $300 for just driving up and sitting thru the presentation. Sedona, although the 'downtown' has gotten a little touristy/cheesy is a very beautiful area that I don't mind visiting for the day. Here is a sample photo:

On the way home I'll drive thru that scenic area which goes up to a pretty high elevation and visit Jerome:

and then on to Prescott where I'll have dinner and then go home. It should be a pretty nice day.

Prescott:

Old 12-19-2006, 08:43 AM

I think everyone should sit through a time-share sales pitch once in their life. It's entertaining. It's entertaining to hear other people's stories (mostly their thought processes) that have sat through them. Maybe I'm just intrigued with the concept of high pressure sales.

As for the people that want to be rude to the sales people, give them a break. They've got a crap job and they're just trying to do it. Then again, if you're rude to sales people, you're probably rude to waitresses, cashiers and every other working person that is "below" you.
Old 09-19-2007, 11:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Look into the rules in the state, I know my parents did this about a year ago and they found out that you can back out of it within a week or something like that. They went to one of these, bought the time share to get everyone off their back, enjoyed their vacation went home and then called them back and told them they didn't want it anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just make sure you do it in writing and send it via certified mail so they can't say you didn't send it in time. I have seen a few poeple who called their sales rep to cancel and he said that "it's taken care of" only to find out there is no written record of it.
Old 09-19-2007, 11:51 PM

why was this bumped? lock
Closed Thread