Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2007, 10:11 PM

Default $1000 NLHE London MTT - Awful?

had been there for 3 hours. was very uncomfortable due to heat etc. had no cards. AQ causes a low flop to come. and i folded JJ after seing a raise to 425, me raising to 1,425 and being re-raised to 6000 total. the guy showed A-A.

20k starting stack had dwindled down to around 12k. just moved to this table. most seem aggressive and loose going off showdown hands.

blinds are 200/400 with no ante. i am UTG or UTG+1.

i have 6s 7s. i limp for 400. folded to the button who raises to 2200. BB calls. i called the 1800 more. i have about 10k left.

both the button and the BB have about 35k.

flop is 9 5 4 rainbow. pot is about 7k. BB bets 6k.

i shoved for 10k total. i knew that the BB wasn't folding any hand here and was willing to take my chances. i knew i had 8 outs that would give me the nuts on the turn and went with it.

the button/original raiser takes a while and folds. BB calls. BB has K9. Button says he folded 10-10.

turn and river brick.

fwiw - i am not a regular playing live for this level of buy-in. i am a winning mtt player online. their play didn't intimidate me.

how bad was this? i actually thought the button would call my 10k and the BB was definitely calling so it would be a 37k main pot for me to win.....

ok ty for any responses.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:16 PM

Default Re: $1000 NLHE London MTT - Awful?

With 30bbs, limping UTG and calling a 5.5X raise is just not good.

As played, I guess its fine if you're confident that the other guy is calling as well. But if it was going to be heads up, I think you should fold because you're not getting the right odds, no FE, etc.
Old 09-13-2007, 11:28 PM

isnt this limp just assbackwards and awful? plzplzplzplz fold to the raise...

should we really fold the flop? I know we arent getting odds or anything, but it seems like a pretty decent time to gamble it up or go home....maybe this is just a bad approach but?
Old 09-14-2007, 03:47 AM

limp call is awful. with your stack size no way to play this hand from your position.
Old 09-14-2007, 05:13 AM

When re-raised pre-flop - fold OR go all-in as a semi-bluff.

If opponent has AA and calls, you fortunatly have one of the best hand against opponent.

You probably would have taken down the hand pre-flop with a re-raise in that situation.

Dont like the call for such a large portion of your stack. Can understand your push on the flop, you felt desperate since nothing was going your way and given all the chips in already it aint such a bad play.
Old 09-14-2007, 08:52 AM

You played every decision terribly. Limping 76s in early position with 30xBB is awful. The limp/call is terrible. Just fold to the raise. With the raise from the button and the flat call, you could also push.

I think you have to fold to the flop bet, because you are almost a 2-1 dog to top pair or an overpair.

BB's preflop call with K9 was also a donk play.
Old 09-14-2007, 09:56 AM

Limp/call is obv awful...just calling is really bad. Limp-reraising would be pretty fuggin bad too. so yea plz just fold.

On the flop i would of probably said [censored] it too and put my chips in...implied roi or whatever.
Old 09-14-2007, 10:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Limp/call is obv awful...just calling is really bad. Limp-reraising would be pretty fuggin bad too. so yea plz just fold.

On the flop i would of probably said [censored] it too and put my chips in...implied roi or whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Limpreraise may be best play. Raise is OTB and you have caller. If action was in early position, fold. However, button raised to 5.5xBB, which looks like big ace of middle pp, which is not good for a push.

You just don't have odds to play postflop. This is a much clearer fold if you don't have a backdoor flush draw. OP doesn't mention if you one of his suit hit, which is very important. Occasionally BB folds and sometimes you get a 3-way pot. Still I think this a fold.

This OP is one of the posts the people who wanted to make this forum invitation only wanted to keep out.
Old 09-14-2007, 10:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Limpreraise may be best play. Raise is OTB and you have caller. If action was in early position, fold. However, button raised to 5.5xBB, which looks like big ace of middle pp, which is not good for a push.

You just don't have odds to play postflop. This is a much clearer fold if you don't have a backdoor flush draw. OP doesn't mention if you one of his suit hit, which is very important. Occasionally BB folds and sometimes you get a 3-way pot. Still I think this a fold.

This OP is one of the posts the people who wanted to make this forum invitation only wanted to keep out.

[/ QUOTE ]

We need a little better read than 'just sat down, but most players seem aggro' to warrant compounding our problems by reraising all in with 67s. Even though i love sc's.

And yes i know we dont have correct odds to push our OESD on the flop...im saying at this point gambling when u dont quite have correct odds to get a comfortable stack so u can make a deep run is better than folding and surviving to the next hand.

Pretty sure i wouldnt have any problem getting an invitation to this forum.