Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8

Old 07-28-2007, 09:37 AM

Default Standard, weak tight, I dont know.

6 handed I raise A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in the CO, sb 3bets I call.

first q here not much of a q, but yeah, anyone cap this? the open is obv standard but yeah.

flop T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

he checks (wtf?) I check.
second q here I'm new to om8 cash, I've played tourneys before, but yeah this is a new fun animal. so, I checked because no one ever 3bets then check folds any flop, and I have absolutely no high (or draw to high). clearly i like my low draw. but yeah, normally im the type (in a non om8 game) to ram and jam anything good (like a nut draw).

turn hits my low, 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] so I like my hand bc i have low and the other low redraw in case 2 or A counterfeits me. he checks again, i am thinking wtf can he have but i have half the pot amirite? he checks, I bet, he calls. no questions there

river is a K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], I have no high but the nut low, he cehcks, I bet.

last q any value here? I want him to fold if he has any middling high, clearly. based on the action im NEVER getting quartered, right?

maybe this is boring and simple and stupid, btu since im new to it, i like questioning my decisions. (no pf 4bet, the flop check, and betting the river) thanks!
Old 07-28-2007, 11:01 AM

Default Re: Standard, weak tight, I dont know.

on the river, any high hand will look you up given previous 3 streets.

flop: i'd bet most of the time, check sometimes. counterfeit protection and backdoor wheel/flush. since you dont' have Ad it can get tricky if you get check raised. but generally, if somebody can't c-bet on that board after 3 betting me preflop, i won't give him much credit.

preflop: depends who's in the pot. but until you get more comfortable playing O8, i'd say stay away from 4 betting preflop unless all 4 cards are working. it's going to cost you in the long run when you start chasing emergency lows.
Old 07-28-2007, 11:17 AM

Default Re: Standard, weak tight, I dont know.

Bet the river and expect to be paid off by 4569, 2456 or other wrap draws from time to time.

Sometimes you'll get called and he'll take 3/4 with like A23, but not too often.
Old 07-29-2007, 01:34 PM

Default results

[ QUOTE ]
on the river, any high hand will look you up given previous 3 streets.

flop: i'd bet most of the time, check sometimes. counterfeit protection and backdoor wheel/flush. since you dont' have Ad it can get tricky if you get check raised. but generally, if somebody can't c-bet on that board after 3 betting me preflop, i won't give him much credit.

preflop: depends who's in the pot. but until you get more comfortable playing O8, i'd say stay away from 4 betting preflop unless all 4 cards are working. it's going to cost you in the long run when you start chasing emergency lows.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks howzit/shaba. results are boring; howzit nailed it, i got called by A5 low and a pair of 3s. (his hand was AQ53 I believe)

kinda bummed he didnt lay down half the pot to me/... oh well, thanks again.