Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 07-04-2007, 07:15 AM

Default Re: Big pair, big pot

Would the TAG coldcall PF with 44/33/88 or J8s?

I would just coldcall the turn. I don't like my hand enough to 3 bet when a TAG on the passive side takes this action, but it's conceivable he's playing QJs or JTs a bit weird, or even A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I also don't think we need to worry about knocking UTG out, unless he specifically has a pair without an A kicker and we're beating MP.
Old 07-04-2007, 07:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
But can we please put the flop aside and tell me what to do on the turn/river?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry

I call the turn. IMO when a Tag takes this line its closer to a fold than a raise. I call hoping the Tag wants to isolate "Donald" with A8, but I am not really sure.
Old 07-04-2007, 06:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Would the TAG coldcall PF with 44/33/88 or J8s?

[/ QUOTE ] 44/33, maybe. 88 usually 3-bets and J8s usually folds. This tag isn't standard 2p2 though--sometimes he limps utg with A7s/55.

[ QUOTE ]

I would just coldcall the turn. I don't like my hand enough to 3 bet when a TAG on the passive side takes this action, but it's conceivable he's playing QJs or JTs a bit weird, or even A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I also don't think we need to worry about knocking UTG out, unless he specifically has a pair without an A kicker and we're beating MP.

[/ QUOTE ]

FFFFFF!! How are all of you guys nailing every decision in this hand and I can't get one right! I 3-bet, Donald capped, MP called, I called. River was a blank and it was 2 to me so I got to salvage a little dignity and fold (if it was one bet to me I cannot guarantee a fold!)

BTW they both had sets (MP had 44 and Donald had JJ).
Old 07-04-2007, 07:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i want to chime in and say i don't think it makes a big difference whether you raise the flop or turn here. also, if the hand played out like this:

UTG bets, MP calls, Hero calls.

UTG bets, MP calls, Hero raises, UTG cals, MP calls.

there would be not be such strong comments about the flop play.

[/ QUOTE ]

but what about when he has KK/QQ and 3 bets the flop? then you can get turn raise in without missing flop bets. also if he has AK, it might check to you on the turn. i think raising the flop is more profitable.

edit: i apologize to OP for bringing the flop play up again. just saw that you wanted to forget about that for now.