Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2007, 10:50 AM

Default Re: Gross QQ Flop

Check. Give worse hands a chance to bet, a K isn't going anywhere but 99-JJ should give action on later streets. Only way I fold is if an A hits the turn. A K is a small part of his range if he is as bad as most short stacks.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:54 AM

I think he is more likely to raise a cbet here than to bluff if checked to.

I could be wrong but If he has say AcJc, and you bet 18 into him, he will most likely raise hoping he has some FE. But if you check he will just check behind and take the free card. Same goes for a hand like pocket nines I feel. Basically what I mean to say is that he will feel that calling a cbet commits him to the hand so he should go all the way with it, but if he's checked to he won't feel he has to go all the way with his hand and is more likely to check it back unless he has a good hand.

If I were to rank the options I think I'd rank them bet/call, then check/fold, then check raise. Check/fold would be ahead of bet/call if the site/table I was playing at was nitty.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:59 AM

1. raise more prf, ur oop, in position make it pot or less b/c its massively +ev for you, but oop you gotta make this min of 15
2. check, instacall a flop bet (not instantly but NO [censored] way will I ever give him that much respect)
3. if he bets a scary turn (club, ace, king) it becomes more interesting, if its a club, just shove, if he has you, we have a redraw, but I deeeeefinitly think players will do insane [censored] like this, same with the king...

the aaaaaaace is different, ace and a king is just too much, fold to just about any bet

a brick is also a readless fold, if he has the guts, give him the glory.

if turn bricks, he checks, river bricks, he bets (btw we're checking) i snappppppp call
Old 06-27-2007, 01:20 PM

I don't really like b/c-ing unless you know villan is capable of making large moves postflop. this would be a decent flop to shove 79[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and the like.

I don't really like b/f-ing as much either. But at least with b/f-ing you can usually be confident that you are beat (in most cases).

checking is probably what I would do. Unless villan and you have extensive history, I don't think you need to ask yourself what you would do if you had AK in this spot and the meta implications that follow with checking. I would probably check and call the flop.