Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Golf

Old 06-19-2007, 08:03 PM

Default First Round of the Year - TR

Ok so I really couldn't get out earlier in the year because I have been recovering from ACL surgery in January. I did get out on the range a few times and was hitting the ball very well. I played Falls Rd. Golf Course in Potomac, MD - Par 70, 68.5 Rating, Slope 118 - so somewhat easy of a course. I needed something like this to start off for the year though. At my best golf at the end of last summer, I'd shoot between 76-79 there.

Front 9 - Bogey, Par, Par, Double, Par, Bogey, Par, Bogey, Bogey for an out in +6, 41.

Back 9 - Bogey, Bogey, Par, Par, Bogey, Bogey, Birdie, Par, Double for an in in +5, 40.

Finished the round with an 81.

I was very happy with the way I hit the ball. I had great control with my irons today and I recovered well from some tough tee shots. My driver didn't have it today. I was left or right all day long. My 3-wood was the club I should have been hitting as it was pretty straight all day long. I also was bad around the greens, which I attribute to not practicing this year yet. I dont' think I made a putt over 10 feet all day long.

My birdie hole was really nice:

479 yd. Par 5 - I hit driver off the tee and was left with about 185 to the hole. I hit a 5 iron so pure dead at the green, landed it on the green, and stopped it for a 15 foot eagle putt. My eagle putt was pretty good as I gave it a good chance but rolled it about 3 feet past the whole on the high side, tapping in for birdie.

I'm looking forward to getting out on the course more. Biggest things I need now are to get my driver under control and get on the putting green practicing.