Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2007, 12:02 PM

Default Re: FTP - Yellow Screen

[ QUOTE ]
I had problems with lag like everyone else. I probably have a worse PC than 80% of people here (P3, 1ghz, 500 mb ram) I worked on removing a lot of unnecessary windows OS features to improve performance via this link from the last FTP answers thread

http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=480183

Also you should check your running processes to make sure there is nothing unnecessary running

http://www.processlibrary.com/

Lastly, I restart my pc prior to each session. I run absolutely nothing besides FTP. This means no MSN, no PT and I don't use HUD's anyways so that doesn't apply. I import manually into PT after the session. I 12 table with basically zero lag issues and I have never had the yellow screen. Hope this helps.

[/ QUOTE ]

I also tried all the things in the link, but to no avail. Very frustrating.
Old 05-09-2007, 12:19 PM

I get it when I start up PAHUD. Lasts for less than a minute and then all is fine.
Old 05-10-2007, 02:27 AM

I used to think this was a problem entirely on FTP's end, but I got the dreaded yellow screens using PokerAce HUD on PokerStars twice last night. Both times the poker stars client had locked up and I needed to task kill it (well, maybe I could have waited it out, but I'm impatient). One of those times I tried task killing PokerAce before task killing PokerStars, and the yellow screens went away - the stars client was still locked up at this point.

I can't be certain, but it's my opinion that whenever the poker client software locks up and/or loses connection they cease to update the graphics in the usual manner, and this behavior combined with PokerAce somehow causes the yellow screen. Also, I think it may be solely an issue with flicker free drawing, which I had turned on for PokerStars in my PokeAce prefernces. That would explain why everyone sees the problem at FullTilt all the time - filcker free drawing is required for that site.