Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2007, 06:02 AM

Default 10NL Top 2 pair w/paired board on turn. Weak or standard?

I probably should have led this flop. I checked bc villain has shown aggression in position when you check to him, and I wanted to check raise. Whats the best line here (disregard everything I did).

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) internettexasholdem.com

UTG ($8.35)
MP ($13.95)
CO ($10.40)
Button ($5.05)
SB ($10)
Hero ($9.80)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.10, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.25) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks.

Turn: ($0.25) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.2</font>, UTG calls $0.20.

River: ($0.65) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.3</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $1.3</font>, Hero??
Old 04-17-2007, 06:07 AM

Default Re: 10NL Top 2 pair w/paired board on turn. Weak or standard?

Flop C/R plan is ok if you really think he'll bet.
Turn looks good.
Weak river bet may have induced villain and you are getting 2:1...I'd just call.
Old 04-17-2007, 06:12 AM

I don't slow play two pair, especially when it doesn't contain an ace. QT will give alot of hands UTG would limp w good draws. Lead flop,lead turn, lead river..
Old 04-17-2007, 06:13 AM

I probably would have bet the flop just because of the drawing possibilities, I'd have to have been pretty sure that the villain was going to bet for me to check it to him. I'd bet about $0.25 here.

As playedl, the turn's fine. You'd have to imagine you're still in the lead and you don't want to give him another free card.

I'd be wary on the river. Seeing as he checked the flop there's a good chance he had some kind of draw and therefore didn't want to bluff you off the pot right then because he thought he could make more later. K J or J 8 is a real possibility, but I'd still call. Seeing as you didn't bet the flop, he may have thought the turn bet was a steal attempt, and your weak river bet was just another last stab.

I would have bet $0.25 on the flop, and about 3/4 to 4/5 of the pot on the turn, then 1/2 to 2/3 on the river assuming he was still about.