Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-2007, 02:18 PM

Default Re: Ford Motor Company

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15384829

If it survives, you make a lot of money. But it's risky to invest in a company that is losing large amounts of money.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am watching Ford too, I swung it and a nice little a profit before earnings were announced.

The company has a lot of problems, and I think the optimism you have has by and large already been priced into the stock.

I would not buy Ford right now, but look for good buying points in the future when this new CEO optimism begins wear thin on people who are impatient for gains. I think $8/ share is the absolute max you should consider paying, and I think you can get it even lower with a little bit of luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe Im just crazy but when I see Ford at $8 a share something clicks in my head saying "Wait isn't 8$ super low for a huge company like Ford?" Maybe I am overly optimistic like you say tho.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thought I would bump this thread, when this sell phase ends, I would look into buying Ford. I know I am. I hope you didn't pull the trigger earlier when it climbed up to $8.60
Old 03-02-2007, 02:16 AM

here is what happens if ford gets worse, they merge then cut and restructor. Sell everything put it in F and live like a bum for a few years.
Old 03-04-2007, 12:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The difference is that Ford's locked into much higher benefits, the jobs bank program, and the legacy pension/medical costs.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is a huge problem for both Ford and GM. The number of retired people collecting pensions and medical benefits is larger than the number of active workers.

For a trader, Ford might offer some short-term opportunities. But, for an investor, there are much better choices available.