Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-2007, 03:40 AM

Default turned my set...... damnit

this is my first limit session in a LONG time, so I'm trying to get back in the swing of things. Also, I used to play anywhere from 30/60-100/200 on party, my sn was tunabouge and then icebergspoon. curious to see what anyone thinks of my limit game if they remember me, I stopped playing limit in August.... anyways, onto the hand

15/30 Bellagio, 9 handed. I've been relatively active, haven't shown down any bluffs though, although I did get caught once, but mucked when he showed tptk.

decent, tight, aggro player limps from mp, old lady who's solid postflop but loose pf limps in HJ, I raise KK on the CO, both call, 3 to the flop....

flop is AQ3 rainbow. check, check, bet, call, call.

turn is a K putting 2 hearts on the board. check, old lady bets (she's done this w/ top pair twice before). I raise, mp calls, old lady 3 bets all in, I call, mp 4 bets, I call.

river is a blank, mp bets..... I assume this is a call getting 18:1?

sry if this is basic, I'm just trying to re-teach myself limit.
Old 01-28-2007, 04:06 AM

Default Re: turned my set...... damnit

raise
Old 01-28-2007, 04:21 AM

I think you should 4-bet the old lady's all-in 3-bet. MP's play puzzles me. Is he playing A-A like this? That doesn't feel right to me. J-10s maybe? If it were me with that hand I'd either bet out the turn or at the very least 3-bet you with it. I think he's got a set of 3's and was worried that you could have a higher set with that board. Once you don't 4-bet the old lady's all-in he puts you on 2 pair and all of a sudden he's sure his hand is best.
Old 01-28-2007, 06:57 AM

You need to 4bet the lady in this huge pot to drive out the guy behind you if he has some sort of pair+gutshot hand.