Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2006, 10:47 AM

Default Whoa there cowboys - a KK hand

This is a Commerce 9/18 hand. Villain is a big LAG, super-aggro postflop, borderline manaic. I would estimate her pokertracker stats would be something like 45/21/3.8

I have K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in MP1.

I raise, villain CCs in CO, others fold. This is not startling, she has cold-called my last five raises at this table.

Flop J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I bet, she raises, I re-raise, she 4 bets, I 5-bet, she calls. There is no HU cap at Commerce.

Turn is Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I throw up in my mouth a little.

Good flop five bet? What is the plan for the rest of the hand?...
Old 02-06-2006, 11:09 AM

Default Re: Whoa there cowboys - a KK hand

Well you might be in some trouble now. With a LAG and super agressive post flop player, and a CC from the CO, she could easily be holding a hand such as J-10, 9-10, or even 8-10. If not that, hands such as J-9, 9-8 or even a set with the 8's or 9's would probably have given you the same action. Most people probably wouldn't go into a raising war with you with many other hands besides possibly AJ or KJ, but the range of hands she could have that beat you are far more than just these two. I also don't think I would have 5 bet here. You gained all the information you could really gain with your initial re raise, so I'd just make the call on the 4 bet and see the turn.

At this point, you might just be drawing to the 10 for a higher straight or of course running boat cards. It's hard to say with such a LAG player. Has this person shown down any hands in which shes capped like this before?

Anways, if you're too stubborn to lay it down, you could just check call the turn and river, but that would just seem to be waste. Even though it hurts with the pre flop and flop action, I'd find a better situation to do some damage.
Old 02-06-2006, 11:31 AM

At least one raise too far. On a board this coordinated I would just call the flop raise and try for a bet three bet on a safer turn. With the card that came I would bet call the turn and check call the river. Out of position against a maniac I think you have to slow down a little.

The way you played it I call down from there.
Old 02-06-2006, 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Turn is Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I throw up in my mouth a little.

Good flop five bet? What is the plan for the rest of the hand?...

[/ QUOTE ]

River a straight and/or finish throwing up. Awesome line btw...
Old 02-06-2006, 01:17 PM

I call the flop 4-bet. LAGs rarely fold to aggression - they tend to respond by raising. I call down after the turn given your read on her after shaking off the vomit.
Old 02-06-2006, 01:20 PM

just check/call down now and donk the river if you hit a T. I like the flop 5-bet given the player type because so often see is just raising the flop with a pair+draw or even just a draw.