Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Notre Dame 8-1
1 0 0%
2 1 2.78%
3 1 2.78%
4 0 0%
5 1 2.78%
6 2 5.56%
7 2 5.56%
8 11 30.56%
9 5 13.89%
10 13 36.11%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-23-2007, 06:57 PM

Default Re: AP Visit: I\'m going to Costa Rica

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
AP going down the tubes because of this scandal would be a good thing for online poker if it served as a shot across the bow of the other poker sites that they have to redouble/retriple their efforts to ensure the intergrity of the games that they offer.

[/ QUOTE ]

That shot's already been fired, dozens of ships have changed course, the fleet is going places and the sailors have taken battle stations. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only a temporary effect unless AP sinks. I agree with every word of your post EP.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Post any non-sensitive info questions in this thread. I will ultimately decide what I will actually ask and report back on, but teddyfbi asked for a forum to ask questions. I can do that for 2p2 and P5s.

[/ QUOTE ]

Semi-Grunching (skimmed the thread).

Follow the money.

(Yeah, I heard that in a movie).

Since we now have allegations that this has been going on a long time, see if you can pin down how much money was removed from the site, HOW, where it went and what kind of time frame. This info may not be available (auditors) but maybe you can get a sense of the scope. Are they looking at a couple months, or years?

In addition, maybe clarify apparent need for chip dumping at all. Presumably this was to circumvent whatever auditing WAS in place for cash-outs. However, it seems strange that cash-outs from presumably trusted heads of the company would be examined but at the same time AP was completely unable to detect obvious chip dumping in these cash-out verifications. (That is, if a VP cashing out six figures would have raised red flags, how could the chip dumping NOT have raised red flags?)

Does AP now have the capability to detect chip dumping?
Old 10-23-2007, 07:02 PM

Trying to bury AP is just flat out dumb, and shouldnt even be talked about anymore IMO.

what you guys are doing (Nat, Adan, Snaggle, etc) is very much appreciated.

It sounds to me like AP is doing as much damage control as they can right now, and that this trip is just another measure.

I really think it could be a beneficial trip, and would appreciate you taking the time and energy to go about it, even with compensation. Your report, though it might not be completely comprehensive considering AP will more than likely hold back information, would be another step in the right direction. Hopefully we continue in this direction (the right one) rather then going back to the deceitful, money hungry direction that AP was headed in recent times.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Okay, I've discussed this with a lot of people on AIM at this point. These people include El Diablo, snagglepuss, Adanthar and tons of others that I trust. I've also talked to a bunch of people who have called me since I made this post.

I think I may need to re-evaluate how wise it is for me to do this. I am not calling it off, but I may need to speak to AP management again as well as redefine my goals.

1. I really really don't care about the money, but I also don't do things like this for free. So surely people can understand the difference between me saying "sure, Adanthar can go and receive whatever fee they pay him" and me saying "I'm not going down there and doing this work for free"

2. I am not really concerned about my personal safety and it actually tilts me more than anything else in this thread that so many people seem to think that I'm really taking that big a risk here re: safety. If someone wanted me hurt they could do it anywhere. Costa Rica might be easier or whatever, but I'm really not 100% safe wherever I go.

3. It might make more sense for someone like Adanthar to go. If everyone agrees that doing technical things that involve high-level text parsing (my programming specialty, if I have one) is going to be a waste of time, then why not have someone who's more versed in poker and is equally or more trusted on 2p2, etc?

So really, I'm going to re-think this. More likely than not I will still end up going, but I need to rethink this.

Thank you to everyone for your insight and please keep posting, I want to see what everyone has to say before this trip actually happens for someone (whether it is me or someone else).

[/ QUOTE ]

Good

Edit: Just got up and skimming threads. My thoughts exactly at that point in time. I'm drinking coffee and thinking. More later I guess. Thanks.

gg
Old 10-23-2007, 07:06 PM

Nat,

1) I think a lot of former AP props would appreciate you looking into some of the 60/40 maniacs who just seemed to crush the 3/6-10/20 games. I was not a prop but know a few and I'm sure you could talk to them and get screen names.

2) Can I babysit your car?
Old 10-23-2007, 07:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Okay, I've discussed this with a lot of people on AIM at this point. These people include El Diablo, snagglepuss, Adanthar and tons of others that I trust. I've also talked to a bunch of people who have called me since I made this post.

I think I may need to re-evaluate how wise it is for me to do this. I am not calling it off, but I may need to speak to AP management again as well as redefine my goals.

1. I really really don't care about the money, but I also don't do things like this for free. So surely people can understand the difference between me saying "sure, Adanthar can go and receive whatever fee they pay him" and me saying "I'm not going down there and doing this work for free"

2. I am not really concerned about my personal safety and it actually tilts me more than anything else in this thread that so many people seem to think that I'm really taking that big a risk here re: safety. If someone wanted me hurt they could do it anywhere. Costa Rica might be easier or whatever, but I'm really not 100% safe wherever I go.

3. It might make more sense for someone like Adanthar to go. If everyone agrees that doing technical things that involve high-level text parsing (my programming specialty, if I have one) is going to be a waste of time, then why not have someone who's more versed in poker and is equally or more trusted on 2p2, etc?

So really, I'm going to re-think this. More likely than not I will still end up going, but I need to rethink this.

Thank you to everyone for your insight and please keep posting, I want to see what everyone has to say before this trip actually happens for someone (whether it is me or someone else).

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you and Serge going >>>> either one of you going alone for a lot of reasons.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:07 PM

Some things I would like to ask:

1. What measures to prevent cheating were in place before this incident? When cheating was reported how was it handled? Who handled it? Why did this person not recognize this cheating? Does this person answer to the management or does he act independently? Did the existing managment do something to prevent this person from acting?

2. How are incidents of cheating going to be handled now? Who is responsible for acting on these allegations? Is this person independant from management?

3. Why was the chip dumping not immediately picked up by Absolute software? Why were these accounts not immediately linked to employees of Absolute? How did management prevent this from happening?

4. Why was there not an independant system of checks and balances? Any accountant knows that the person writing the corporate checks is never the person that signs them. Why was security unable to detect this or why were they unable to act?

5. Was security able to stop these cheaters withdrawls before they went through? Why not?

6. Is security indepentant from management, do they act at managements request, or do they answer directly to management?
Old 10-23-2007, 07:08 PM

All,

If snaggle goes down there, at least there will be a trip report full of hot Costa Rican sloooots introduced to snaggle by his friendly hosts from AP.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
AP going down the tubes because of this scandal would be a good thing for online poker if it served as a shot across the bow of the other poker sites that they have to redouble/retriple their efforts to ensure the intergrity of the games that they offer.

[/ QUOTE ]

That shot's already been fired, dozens of ships have changed course, the fleet is going places and the sailors have taken battle stations. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only a temporary effect unless AP sinks. I agree with every word of your post EP.

[/ QUOTE ]

i wonder if the KGC would do anything (license suspension or the like) if they find AP guilty of some of the accusations that they tried to cover up for an exec ....this is the most interesting to me because it calls in question the integrity of the KGC , and if it merits the canadian govt getting involved and investigating the KGC itself...
Old 10-23-2007, 07:11 PM

Nat,

I am not sure whether this has been suggested already. Apart from the usual 'how did you allow this cheating?' kind of questions, try to ask some questions about how secure they technically are? How many servers? Who has access to them? How are they monitored etc. That's obviously privileged information but ask them to publish some information on how they are providing security other than just saying that they have the best RNG.