Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2007, 08:02 PM

Default Re: Rating the play at AC Hilton

Nicky has been hanging around the Taj lately. Not playing, since he can't see, just hanging around the room and sitting down at the slots near the room. Though, not playing the slots.

Honestly, I don't know if the guy could play anymore because his eyes are so bad.
Old 09-25-2007, 08:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nicky has been hanging around the Taj lately. Not playing, since he can't see, just hanging around the room and sitting down at the slots near the room. Though, not playing the slots.

Honestly, I don't know if the guy could play anymore because his eyes are so bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know his health has taken a turn for the worse.
The only place I have seen him play in the last six months was at the Hilton.
I kmow when I played with him he needed to sit in the five seat so he can see all the cards.
His eyesight is pretty much shot.
Old 09-25-2007, 08:28 PM

I saw him last night walking around the Taj. I think his wife was playing there and he was hanging out.
Old 09-25-2007, 08:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I saw him last night walking around the Taj. I think his wife was playing there and he was hanging out.

[/ QUOTE ]

The asian lady, I know her.
Old 10-06-2007, 06:47 AM

Nicky D was playing 5-10 NL at the Taj's. He and Joe Moon were the only locals in the game.lots of chips on the table.
Old 10-06-2007, 07:27 PM

Hilton's fine if you only play 1/2 NL, the rate is good.
Old 10-09-2007, 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know his health has taken a turn for the worse.
The only place I have seen him play in the last six months was at the Hilton.
I kmow when I played with him he needed to sit in the five seat so he can see all the cards.
His eyesight is pretty much shot.

[/ QUOTE ]

He hangs out around the slots area to make sure Huran(sp), his wife, is not playing slots and stays in the poker room. Huran has a huge leak of dusting away lots of money in the machines when she is steaming from the poker game.

Nicky D has permanantly lost vision in one eye, and is 90% blind in his other eye. It is because of diabetes. And yes, when he does play, he has to sit in the 5 seat, in order to see the cards on board.

He has been "reinstated" back at the Taj and has been been playing here and there for the past few weeks. Nicky D has told me himself that Huran has been running well in slots as well, hitting 7 royal flushes in the past 10 days.

Both players are interesting people and are pleasant outside of the poker room, but they have TERRIBLE manners at the table and abuse the dealers like I've never seen before. Although I have to say Huran has gotten alot better, in terms of table etiquette. You should have seen her back in the tropicana days. She was terrible.

Mike, you also forgot to mention that Nicky D has probably won the most money in the Tropicana Poker Room than anyone else...along with staking a bunch of people. While the Joe Moon's, the Cong's, the Dean Shultz's, Chad Moore's got all the limelight and the oooh's and aaah's (actually, only Joe Moon), Nicky D did it under the radar at the tropicana. I respect that alot about Nicky D. It's not about the limelight or the recognition. It is simply about money.
Old 10-10-2007, 09:45 AM

That's a tough line up. Cong Do, Dean Shultz, and Joe Moon
They have been around AC poker from day one.
I see joe moon playing mostly NO limit these days.
Cong Do is strickly a mix game high stakes player.
Shultz is playing mostly tournaments.
Nicky D is in bad health, he can't play stud anymore due to his poor vision but I hear in his early days was one of the top stud players in AC.