Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2007, 01:24 PM

Default Re: Showboat Poker Tourney

[ QUOTE ]
I heard the winnings were chopped between the final seven only after some douchebag was bounced out at eighth. Knowing this guy, I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case. And since he's the one that said it, I actually believe it.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true. I was the one who bounced him. I am going to do a TR but still don't know WTF he was doing calling me with that hand.
Old 09-16-2007, 01:31 PM

That's awesome. I can't stand that guy, he's the biggest douche in poker and life.

He walked into Harrah's with this stunned look on his face. He could barely even get out what had even happened. Someone had to ask him about five times how much did he win out of the deal, eventually he said something around $2,000. But he was just amazed by what happened.

He didn't mention the hand just the fact that the tourney chopped after he left. It couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:07 AM

It is so cool to hear all good things about the Saturday Tounrey at Showboat. I had such a kick ass day too! It went so good all day. I didn't think the food was that expensive. A dollar for chips, a buck fifty for a slice of pizza, that's pretty reasonable i think. It sucks for you Slubard that you got moved so many times. The tables broke down so fast for a while. When 400 people go down to 250 in the first three hours of a tournament thats alot of tables combining.
I heard they are planning another one some time in October maybe. That would be cool.

See you guys there!
Old 09-19-2007, 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That's awesome. I can't stand that guy, he's the biggest douche in poker and life.

He walked into Harrah's with this stunned look on his face. He could barely even get out what had even happened. Someone had to ask him about five times how much did he win out of the deal, eventually he said something around $2,000. But he was just amazed by what happened.

He didn't mention the hand just the fact that the tourney chopped after he left. It couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats funny. I was also one of the 7 that chopped. And that guy was so miserable the whole time and begging for us to include him in the chop during the break before the final table. With blinds at 30k-60k with a 10k ante, and him sitting with 70k or so in front of him, it would have been stupid not to wait and see if he doubles up or gets booted. And even better, a different guy made a stupid play and ended up gettin knocked out first in 9th, with that guy at least squeezing up to 8th. When he showed up to Harrahs, he should have been happy to have even gotten to that spot as I sat with him for a while and saw him survive a couple all ins while coming from behind
Old 09-19-2007, 03:14 PM

Overall a very well run tournament. Chris and his staff did a great job, especially Kelli, who I think really helped it run smoothly and professionally. Can't wait till the next one
Old 09-19-2007, 07:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It is so cool to hear all good things about the Saturday Tounrey at Showboat. I had such a kick ass day too! It went so good all day. I didn't think the food was that expensive. A dollar for chips, a buck fifty for a slice of pizza, that's pretty reasonable i think. It sucks for you Slubard that you got moved so many times. The tables broke down so fast for a while. When 400 people go down to 250 in the first three hours of a tournament thats alot of tables combining.
I heard they are planning another one some time in October maybe. That would be cool.

See you guys there!

[/ QUOTE ]

If/when you hear about the October tourny (or any future tournies), can you post it in B&M? The Harrahs website tends to suck. Thanks!
Old 09-19-2007, 10:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats funny. I was also one of the 7 that chopped. And that guy was so miserable the whole time and begging for us to include him in the chop during the break before the final table. With blinds at 30k-60k with a 10k ante, and him sitting with 70k or so in front of him, it would have been stupid not to wait and see if he doubles up or gets booted.

[/ QUOTE ]

We are talking about the big guy who wears the football jersey right? Anyone have any good anecdotes about this guy? I hate him, he has repeatedly caused confrontations in the Showboat poker room. I got into it with him once over a hand, though I never raised my voice and he was the one doing all the yelling. I once actually avoided that room for most of a year. even though it is my favorite place to play, because this individual seemed to be always there and is so volatile and disruptive.
Old 09-20-2007, 11:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]

We are talking about the big guy who wears the football jersey right? Anyone have any good anecdotes about this guy? I hate him, he has repeatedly caused confrontations in the Showboat poker room. I got into it with him once over a hand, though I never raised my voice and he was the one doing all the yelling. I once actually avoided that room for most of a year. even though it is my favorite place to play, because this individual seemed to be always there and is so volatile and disruptive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah thats the guy, the one with the green football jersey. He doesnt really play at showboat anymore. Every once in a while I'll see him playin a tourney there, but a lot less frequently than in the past. Think he frequents the Taj and Harrahs more now. So feel free to rejoin my favorite AC card room as well. See you on the weekends
Old 09-20-2007, 03:14 PM

I don't like this guy either, however, the way to deal with him is not to run from him. Learn how he plays and crack him off. He's very, very beatable.

He plays at Harrahs mostly. He's there almost every night with his band of merry men. He doesn't go to the Showboat often.
Old 09-20-2007, 06:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He plays at Harrahs mostly. He's there almost every night with his band of merry men. He doesn't go to the Showboat often.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't specifically know who you all are talking about, but I'm pretty sure I saw him Friday night at Harrah's. Spouting that "he was the best hand reader in the room" at the top of his lungs. If this is the guy (no I didn't sit at his table) then I'm glad he got screwed in the chop.