Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2007, 11:41 PM

Default Re: Showboat Poker Tourney

I would imagine they would, unless they sell it out.
Old 09-14-2007, 11:57 AM

I just spoke with Chris in the poker room. He said they currently have 140 registered and are expecting around another 90 today. This would leave about half the available seats open for walk ins tomorrow. I am planning to go but with a two hour drive I won't be getting there until around 9:30a. No big deal though, if they do somehow sell out I guess I will head to Borgata for super satellite day and fight the crowds.

GL to everyone who plays this weekend.
Old 09-14-2007, 04:50 PM

Highly doubt that you would get closed out if you get there 9:30 AM...thats what Im gonna try and do anyway.
Old 09-14-2007, 09:49 PM

barring sudden illness, looking forward to seeing you guys and gals tomorrow.

Shooting to get there between 9 and 9:30...if that's not early enough, its not worth it [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-15-2007, 10:25 AM

I am here. got registered in under 5 minutes. there was no line. the cashier said she did not know how many runners we have but thought it was around 200. the cap is 600 so it won't be selling out that's for sure.

I am preparing a boring TR which no one will read/care about...lol

also....I HATE my Treo.
Old 09-15-2007, 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am here. got registered in under 5 minutes. there was no line. the cashier said she did not know how many runners we have but thought it was around 200. the cap is 600 so it won't be selling out that's for sure.

I am preparing a boring TR which no one will read/care about...lol

also....I HATE my Treo.

[/ QUOTE ]

It filled up at 400 people plus it had ~20 alternates.
Old 09-15-2007, 06:23 PM

421 people, $29k first place

I played a lot at table 35 with that Eagles cheerleader Alicia Lee..

crippled when I lost a flip during the 500/1k 200 ante level with tens vs KJ spades..QJ2 flop,gg.
Old 09-15-2007, 07:28 PM

From my view from table 3, I couldn't tell if it was Alcia or J R Reid in drag. Anyways, arrived at 9:00 am and there were about 6 people ahead of me in the registration line.
When the gentleman in front of me handed the lady his card, license and money,she said he was already registered by way of a SNG. He said he sorted remembered something about that.
Drinks were free, but they only had 4 waitresses to start.
They had a food stand set up but that cost ya. Two "Hugo Boss" girls were there,carrying around signs that indicated blinds and antes at the beginning of each round.
I was knocked out shortly after they announced 250 people were left in the tourney. Three of us were elimanated by the table bigstack. My 99 vs young Asian kid 99 vs old grouchy lady's 77 vs big stack's K 10. Of course Big stack
hit a 10 on the turn. I'm not sure they have the way they break up tables down pat. The first time I was moved, the table I went to broke up after one hand. The next table I went to broke up after one orbit. I did enjoy it, even when stuck with Met fans at my table. Everyone was invited to the Foundation room at 9:00 pm. I usually just play the daily Showboat tourneys. I cashed on the Labor day 7:00 pm tourney, so I used that for todays tourney. Thanks for reading my ramblings. I hope to play this in the future.
Old 09-15-2007, 11:25 PM

R they goin to run another one soon?
Old 09-16-2007, 03:13 AM

I heard the winnings were chopped between the final seven only after some douchebag was bounced out at eighth. Knowing this guy, I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case. And since he's the one that said it, I actually believe it.