Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2007, 12:36 PM

Default Re: Questionable Out of Turn ruling at the Taj 12:15 Tourn. last Tuesday

Incorrect ruling IMHO...you were lucky.
Old 08-30-2007, 11:40 PM

Default Re: Questionable Out of Turn ruling at the Taj 12:15 Tourn. last Tuesday

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The ruling was definitely wrong.

He would only have to raise if you folded or called. Your action of raising means his out of turn action is null and void.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP - Check, Fold, or Call are all options that force his OOT action to stand...

[/ QUOTE ]
You are right that a check is a non-action but in this case, UTG pf can't "check".

A call is definitely an action and the out of turn player can rescind his action. Just think of the scenarios. If you call a bet thinking you are heads up with a player when in the meantime a missed player also now calls, it changes your outlook on the hand. Just think about that for a minute.

[/ QUOTE ]

PantOnFire - that is why you need to act in turn next time, but you're still forced to raise if the missed player calls (IN A TOURNAMENT) in between - if the house is following standard tourney rules from the TDA of course.

A Check, Call or Fold all force the out of turn raise to stand under TDA rules.

[ QUOTE ]

TDA RULES as of 2007
Rule #30 Verbal Declarations

Verbal declarations in turn are binding. Action out of turn may be binding and will be binding if the action to that player has not changed. A check, call, or fold is not considered action changing.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-31-2007, 02:30 AM

This is the worst tourney ever. 38+12. Taj makes a killing on this.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Incorrect ruling IMHO...you were lucky.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I was unlucky bc I made quads. If I hadn't said anything and just called I guess guy would call and blinds would have too. Flop was AKT so good bet there would have been a lot of action. Too bad.