Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 02:37 PM

Default Re: Dear uNL: You are not good enough

uNL sucks obv in general thats why ppl play uNL. So yea you dont have to be all aggro and stuff to beat uNL. Obv cause there are so many bad ppl that play it but IMO you should open up your game at lower limits before you start playin higher up. If you spend your entire uNL "career" playin nit then decide to finally losen up in higher stakes your gona get pwned hard. Though standard ABC will help you make some money in uNL (build a roll), tryin different styles/loosin up earlyer i think is a really good idea cause i gets you out of playin that ABC robot style which eventually becomes soo easily exploitable.
Old 09-04-2007, 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is honestly one of the best posts I have read all year.

I seriously love you man. Everyone needs to read this shizzle.

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Mods sticky pls!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I can only add - should've saved this for pooh bah [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

ps Stands just as true for higher levels. What most people fail to realize is that most of the time a 35/30 1000nl reg raises K2s UTG or 3bets with T5o, its not because its cool to play LAG or that he thinks he is good enough to play this hand from this position - its because he does not know any better way to get paid with AA. Obviously not an issue at 50nl.
Old 09-04-2007, 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
kinda depends on ur goals tho. some people arent playin 50nl to kill the 50nl games for as much possible. some people want to get better and move up limits and such. u cant beat 200nl playin 15 13 2.5. while this is correct for the person who just wants to beat 50nl and run at like 5 or 6 bb/100. but long term i think ur post is -ev

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT.

You have to take it slow though IMO. And this post is amazing in its timing cause I just recently started thinking about expanding my opening a range a little to include hands like QJo in MP.
Old 09-04-2007, 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
kinda depends on ur goals tho. some people arent playin 50nl to kill the 50nl games for as much possible. some people want to get better and move up limits and such. u cant beat 200nl playin 15 13 2.5. while this is correct for the person who just wants to beat 50nl and run at like 5 or 6 bb/100. but long term i think ur post is -ev

[/ QUOTE ]

why cant u beat 200nl with a 15/13/2.5? are you sure about that? does anyone else agree with that?
Old 09-04-2007, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

why cant u beat 200nl with a 15/13/2.5? are you sure about that? does anyone else agree with that?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think online you can beat 200NL with a 15/13/2.5...live I think you can bring that all the way up to 5-10 possibly 10-20 NL...

Limit players live can play ABC poker at 30/60 and make a killing...online I think the level of competition opens up around 5-10. that is when the stats should start loosening up.
Old 09-04-2007, 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

thats crap. you CAN beat 200nl with those stats, perhaps not for the same kind of winrate as someone a little looser but you can def win.
Old 09-04-2007, 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think online you can beat 200NL with a 15/13/2.5...live I think you can bring that all the way up to 5-10 possibly 10-20 NL...

Limit players live can play ABC poker at 30/60 and make a killing...online I think the level of competition opens up around 5-10. that is when the stats should start loosening up.

[/ QUOTE ]

david grey plays predictable poker at the high levels and he does ok. chip reese is a pretty straight forward player too and he is considered one of the best.

i think tag can work just as good as any other style if its played correctly with decent game selection. i think the real keys are not going on tilt and not paying off when you are beat. there is a lot of skill fator there and its not easy either.

ultimately, i think opening up your game is optimal but straight forward poker with excellent fundamentals can get the job done at any level. all players steam and you can take advantage of that if you are the one who stays in control.

if anyone disagrees, let me know because i am interested in hearing.
Old 09-04-2007, 03:09 PM

OH YEAH, TAKE THAT MISTER MAN!

Old 09-04-2007, 03:17 PM

I'm not sure if this is the best or worst post I've seen in months. First instinct: worst.

I know I'm good enough to raise JTs UTG and KTo from MP. I know I didn't used to be though and the advice is a mixed bag because if I never played these, I wouldn't be good now.
Old 09-04-2007, 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure if this is the best or worst post I've seen in months. First instinct: worst.

I know I'm good enough to raise JTs UTG and KTo from MP. I know I didn't used to be though and the advice is a mixed bag because if I never played these, I wouldn't be good now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Busto countdown [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Closed Thread