Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2006, 11:19 PM

Default Re: Boring 25/50 limped pot hand

[ QUOTE ]
Im in the sb with 97s. Two limps to me and I complete, bb checks. Flop is 975, 75 of clubs. I bet 175, BB calls, UTG pops it to 800. Ive never seen the utg before in my life and Ive only been at the table ten hands. Action?

-Evan

Edit: Stack sizes: 5k all around

[/ QUOTE ]

This is either a hand that's crushing you, a draw or an overpair testing the waters, IMO. I would call and lead the turn for 3/4 pot and fold to a raise. Obviously BB is a problem so just calling can prevent you from making a mistake and running into a BB special
Old 05-28-2006, 02:30 AM

ff,

I dunno, I think that line is a bit transparent, and you will still get bombed by a big draw anyway. I assume your typical line (although not 100%) is to 3 bet flop with hands better than top 2 right?
Old 05-28-2006, 02:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ff,

I dunno, I think that line is a bit transparent, and you will still get bombed by a big draw anyway. I assume your typical line (although not 100%) is to 3 bet flop with hands better than top 2 right?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's very hard for villain to bluff-bomb the turn given that you're in the blinds and what the board is. Sure you would 3-bet the flop with a straight, but so what? For villain to be bluffing here would be very ballsy because he would have to both know that you're not switching it up with a set/straight here AND that you're stop-and-going with the intention of folding, as opposed to doing it simply to see whether a straight card hits before getting it in. I don't think you get bluffed too often by an unknown with this line.
Old 05-28-2006, 02:47 AM

Suppose villain took this flop line with Axc, or JTc, or whatever other big draws are out there. You don't think he bombs the turn? I do.

That said, I don't know if his turn range is enough marginal draws or bluffs to make up for the times he's going nuts with big draws/ made hands.