Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-22-2007, 10:52 AM

Default LO8 2/4 hand - Donk Raise on River?

Poker Stars
Limit Omaha Ring game
Limit: $2/$4
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is Button with 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG (poster) checks, UTG+1, folds, CO (poster) checks, Hero calls, SB calls, BB (poster) checks.

Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (5SB, 5 players)
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises</font>, UTG folds, CO calls, Hero calls, SB calls.

Turn: 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6.5BB, 4 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>, CO calls, Hero calls, SB calls.

River: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (10.5BB, 4 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="#cc0000">BB 3-bets</font>, CO folds, Hero calls.

Results:
Final pot: 17.5BB

Comments on all streets welcome but is it better to call or raise river?

Game has been playing very passively so far with some pretty weak one way hands being shown down.

Preflop
I decided to limp pre-flop (2 posters and bb were already in) since I was not concerned about a preflop raise and had position.

Flop/Turn
Based on my reads I was confident that only button had 23. I also was confident that BB did not have a hand that contained an A since he probably would have raised pre-flop with so many limpers.

River
I raised on the river to knock out SB and with the hope that bb would reraise and knock out CO. Plan went as expected but I am not sure I thought through the play fully. I as hoping 7's were good a percentage of the time to win the high. I had to put in an extra 2bb, vs. just calling, if my plan went as expected. If I get quartered then I lose 1.5bb of the extra 2bb I put in. If my 7’s are good I win 6.75 (8.75 – half of pot less my extra 2bb). My plan has to work a little more that 1 out of 4.5 times. Do you think my 7’s are good greater than 1 out of 4.5 times?

Happy Thanksgiving!!