Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions

Old 11-27-2007, 06:15 PM

Default Poker video subscriptions

Not really sure where to post this so I'm sorry if it's in the wrong forum.

I'm a solid, winning player but am looking to really go for a push and possibly move up in stakes soon and was thinking about getting a subscription to one of the video sites (cardrunners, stoxpoker, etc).

Does anyone have any experience with these sites and can compare the better ones for me? Do videos have a 'per-video' cost or is it unlimited access? How much per video? Can I keep the bought/downloaded videos on my PC for later use? etc etc

I'm a NL tourney player but am delving into FL rings a lot more, as well as a little bit of razz and OH side games. Another thing to note is that my bankroll is standing at around $1200 - is it even worth it for me to get a subscription at this point with my budget?
Old 11-27-2007, 06:52 PM

Default Re: Poker video subscriptions

I have full membership to Cardrunners. There is a pay per video option but its soo much cheaper to have a full membership and access them all. you do get to keep them.

There are NL FR/6max/HU videos along with instructional videos for pokertracker/pahud etc

games from micors to the big games, cash to tournaments. definately worth the money imo.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:20 PM

Thanks for the input, RR.

So what do you pay monthly? It says on the site that a 'gold' membership costs ~$125 for the first month and $25 every month after. Is gold the 'full membership'? ie I wouldn't have to pay additional costs for each video, right?

CR conveniently makes the info for these questions hard to find :/

Also, is there another registration fee if for whatever reason I decide to cancel my subscription and re-subscribe on a later date?

thanks again.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:31 PM

I have same membership, I agree with the Rat 100%

Gold membershp = access to everything and never pay anything beyond the $25/month
Old 11-27-2007, 10:25 PM

Both Stoxpoker and Deucescracked sites have forums on 2p2 that you can use to do a bit of homework, and there are plenty of old threads where players give their opinions on one site or another if you search for them. Personally, I'm biased towards stoxpoker since I do the razz vids there but there are several excellent sites and I have seen many more satisfied customers than people wanting their money back.