Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes

Old 12-01-2007, 11:54 PM

Default Interesting Live Hand

I was in Vegas over the week so I played a bit at the Flamingo in a $1/$2 NL game. The entire table was pretty tight with the exception of one donk who was playing every hand, calling every raise, etc. UTG (donk) has ~$300. I covered the whole table.

Hero is dealt J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] on the button. UTG limps, UTG+1 limps, MP raises to $7. Hero reraises to $25, all other limpers, original raiser call.

Flop ($103): K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
It is checked around to Hero on the button. I tank for 30 seconds and make an overbet of $150. I really thought UTG (donk) would call and I wanted to isolate him and get it heads up. UTG calls, the other two players fold.

After UTG calls the flop, I go all-in blind out of turn. The turn card is Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. UTG calls all-in.

River (~$650): 10[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] I immediately think UTG just sucked out with AK. He tables QTo for two pair and a missed straight draw.

I guess I'm just curious about how I played the big overbet on the flop. Was it okay or should I have just bet the pot or less?
Old 12-01-2007, 11:59 PM

Default Re: Interesting Live Hand

just bet 100. you can very easily get it in on the turn even if you make a normal-sized bet.