Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-31-2007, 10:03 PM

Default Re: The \"Halloween is ridiculous thread\"

fwiw I told fluffpop that. I'm dressed up as nlsoldier this halloween
Old 10-31-2007, 10:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
fluff do you have any young hawt friends who want a rotund, yet handsome suger daddy?

[/ QUOTE ]

a real rotund person would spell sugar correctly imo

[/ QUOTE ]

im a stud trapped ina rotund body
Old 10-31-2007, 10:09 PM

fluffpop,

[ QUOTE ]
You were just bragging about your health conscious family and it doesn't occur to you that maybe that's why families don't have candy?

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf? You aren't making any sense. My response to tuq (make sure you read everything thoroughly) was that if someone is so poor that they are out "shopping" for free candy then maybe the Halloween thing isn't what they need to be worrying about. This has nothing to do w/ what you are talking about. Some families don't have candy in their house b/c of choice and some b/c of means, my response to tuq was b/c of means and you are clearly confused about what was going on.

Also, I didn't overreact...some guy starts making outlandish comments w/o anyway to back anything up creates an open lane for me to say anything I please to him. Please re-read what he initially wrote to me and think about how completely ridiculous he sounds, then think twice about my response (whether you agree w/ my stance on Halloween or not) and see if I am the "jerk."

BTW- I am loving all the theories in this thread. Keep them coming. *Note that nothing profoundly negative as ever really happened to me.

Sublime- Pop them sequins dawg.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
fwiw I told fluffpop that. I'm dressed up as nlsoldier this halloween

[/ QUOTE ]

pics plz!
Old 10-31-2007, 10:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
fluff do you have any young hawt friends who want a rotund, yet handsome suger daddy?

[/ QUOTE ]

a real rotund person would spell sugar correctly imo

[/ QUOTE ]

im a stud trapped ina rotund body

[/ QUOTE ]

confirmed.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:18 PM

likes halloween when i was young, hate halloween now that im older
Old 10-31-2007, 10:22 PM

fluffpop,

A little background on me:

My passion is teaching and teaching kids. I coach two select baseball teams 14U and 10U and I am a private professional instructor as well. This post isn't about bragging but I had a try-out for my 10U team last night and 127 kids showed up. This wasn't b/c we have the best team in Dallas, this is b/c parents talk and I am good at what I do. I am excellent w/ kids, I know how to treat kids, and I know how to communicate w/ kids...kids LOVE ME. I have an awesome baseball resume which initially brought myself business but being a jerk won't keep them coming back, since then my business has grown and in a short time b/c I create a great environment to be in.

Please don't think that b/c I can't stand a goofy holiday which has lost everything that it was all about that I don't enjoy kids or that I am not around them b/c that is absolutely false. I am around kids every day and to be honest kids are a huge part of what makes me happy.

For instance I passed out candy for a little bit tonight w/ my fiancee and there were about 25 total kids that showed up (when I was young the streets were packed). Anyway, two 16 year old girls showed up w/ Hollister bags and no costume and didn't say trick or treat. I asked them what they were and they said, "Just give me the candy." I shut the door and my fiancee got mad at me.

Those were the only two that didn't get candy but they weren't the only ones that weren't wearing costumes, had bad attitudes and basically acted like they weren't even enjoying the experience. It looked like it was more for the parents than anything and this was the whole point of the thread.

I just wanted this post to clarify that not liking Halloween has nothing to do w/ kids. The reasons I don't like Halloween are for a lot of the reasons that other holidays are crap too--but we as people turn most things into crap. That isn't being a downer of a person, that is being realistic, I call it as I see it.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As far as the kid's part of Halloween goes most of you are probably remembering how you felt about it when you were getting too old for it. My kids are 5 and 7 and I think the 7 year old has already peaked for Halloween.

[/ QUOTE ]

Confirmed. Just got back from trick or treating. 5 year old was way more into it than the 7 year old. It is definitely not just about getting candy for the little ones.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
fluffpop,

A little background on me:

My passion is teaching and teaching kids. I coach two select baseball teams 14U and 10U and I am a private professional instructor as well. This post isn't about bragging but I had a try-out for my 10U team last night and 127 kids showed up. This wasn't b/c we have the best team in Dallas, this is b/c parents talk and I am good at what I do. I am excellent w/ kids, I know how to treat kids, and I know how to communicate w/ kids...kids LOVE ME. I have an awesome baseball resume which initially brought myself business but being a jerk won't keep them coming back, since then my business has grown and in a short time b/c I create a great environment to be in.

Please don't think that b/c I can't stand a goofy holiday which has lost everything that it was all about that I don't enjoy kids or that I am not around them b/c that is absolutely false. I am around kids every day and to be honest kids are a huge part of what makes me happy.

For instance I passed out candy for a little bit tonight w/ my fiancee and there were about 25 total kids that showed up (when I was young the streets were packed). Anyway, two 16 year old girls showed up w/ Hollister bags and no costume and didn't say trick or treat. I asked them what they were and they said, "Just give me the candy." I shut the door and my fiancee got mad at me.

Those were the only two that didn't get candy but they weren't the only ones that weren't wearing costumes, had bad attitudes and basically acted like they weren't even enjoying the experience. It looked like it was more for the parents than anything and this was the whole point of the thread.

I just wanted this post to clarify that not liking Halloween has nothing to do w/ kids. The reasons I don't like Halloween are for a lot of the reasons that other holidays are crap too--but we as people turn most things into crap. That isn't being a downer of a person, that is being realistic, I call it as I see it.

[/ QUOTE ]

tdarkowned
Old 10-31-2007, 10:54 PM

I'm with ya on Halloween. Seems like a fun little kid's holiday (spooky stories, candy, dressing up, etc.), that, like everything else, has been co-opted by adults. I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure Halloween as an adult holiday is a fairly recent phenomenon. Just let the young kids have their fun.

In general I find most adult holidays annoying. They often get their start as fun days of celebration. Problem is, they usually devolve into just another excuse for low-IQ adults to get drunk and act like retards. See also New Year's Eve, 4th of July, etc.