Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2007, 02:46 PM

Default Re: Games that made you cry.

I can't find a video now, but Bo Kimble's left handed free throw makes my eyes water every time.
Old 10-27-2007, 03:05 PM

When rocky goes the distance.
Old 10-27-2007, 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Teens and later: Aaron Boone brought me very close to tears, as did the Blazers game 7 choke job against the Lakers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not with you on Boone but I definitely teared up after game 7 against the Lakers. I'm still pissed about it today. Maybe more about that than any game I didn't participate in.

[ QUOTE ]

I left Autzen stadium on the verge of tears after the 2001 game vs. Stanford.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was mostly in shock then. This game may have been a bigger choke job than the Blazer game with 2 blocked punts and losing an onside kick. The problem here is that the ramifications of it weren't clear at the time.

[ QUOTE ]

When some USC guy hit a three pointer against the Ducks with under three seconds left, down five... then stole the inbounds pass and drained a half court shot at the buzzer, I would have cried if I wasn't so stunned. I think those have been the toughest games for me in my adult life.

[/ QUOTE ]

Adam Spanich

With .8 left he picked the ball out of the air, dribbled and chucked it up. No way did he actually get it off.

You left out the worst part. He jumped up onto the media table in front of the student section and made the slash across the throat gesture in our face. They gave students construction hats (stupid Pit Crew [censored]) and a ton of those went flying at him. He also spilled coke on Phil Knight when he jumped up on the table. I was a Freshman then and it is one of the strongest memories from all the games I went to.

It wasn't really tear worthy though as it was early in the season and we didn't have such high expectations that year. Anytime Mike Carson and Flo are your centers you don't expect all that much.
Old 10-27-2007, 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Goran video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGKJiCXOCAc

[/ QUOTE ]

it was pretty cool, but why would you cry over this?
Old 10-27-2007, 03:20 PM

As a kid I had two where I bawled. Not sure they are really what OP is looking for, but I did cry a ton.

The first was the the 49ers - Giants game where Montana got knocked out.

The second was UCLA - Oregon in 1990. I absolutely loved Bill Musgrave and it was his last game at Oregon. Oregon came back to win on a Musgrave TD in the last minute. It was his last pass in Autzen Stadium.

I don't think I've actually full on cried at any game since. I got damn close when the Blazers blew it against LA. Game 6 of the 2002 World Series would certainly have done it had that been game 7 (or I somehow knew the game 7 result). The Pick (Washington - Oregon 1994) is probably the most excited I've ever been at a game. I was freaking out but I probably didn't cry, though I may have.

edit: actually I did cry during the UEFA Cup final two years ago. This is probably as much about missing Sevilla and my friends there as the match itself because I shed a few cheers just when the teams came out.

On a slightly different note I have cried a fair bit over the death of Antonio Puerta. I still get close if I watch a clip of his goal against Schalke in the semifinal of the UEFA Cup, and on occasion will shed a tear when I'm watching Sevilla play and the ball goes down the left.
Old 10-27-2007, 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Which game? In '86 Jim Burt knocked him out and in '90 Leonard Marshall did the honors.
Old 10-27-2007, 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Which game? In '86 Jim Burt knocked him out and in '90 Leonard Marshall did the honors.

[/ QUOTE ]

Burt. According to my parents when I was watching I was upset but more or less ok then I saw the ambulance flipped out.
Old 10-27-2007, 04:16 PM

Myrtle:

phenomenal post.

i can't remember crying over a game but matteau in 94 made me come close
Old 10-27-2007, 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
In 96 when the Broncos were the best team in the league and they lost at home to Jacksonville in playoffs. Still makes me upset.

[/ QUOTE ]

But you won the next two super bowls, get over it.

Also, the 96 Packers were the best team in the league by far.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Broncos were definitely the best team and the only reason why the Pack beat them that year was because the Broncos had everything locked up and sat their starters.
Old 10-27-2007, 05:06 PM

Danish soccer. Brøndbys second last game at home vs nr. 2 the big local rival FC Copenhagen. It had been kinda a cinderella season. Micheal Laudrup had taken over as manager before the season and started out badly. At the winter break the were 11 points behind, but they turned it around and played great the rest of the season. With a young talented team they just needed a draw at home and a likely win away in the last game to win the league.

I had graduated high school the day before and didnt get tickets to the match cos we had a student graduation dinner the night of the game, but me and a friend couldnt not watch the game. So we planned on watching it on television then going to the party.

In the 94. minut Copenhagen makes it 0-1 while the Brøndby fans were singing "its coming home". Brøndby didnt even get to start the game again. At first I just felt empty, then I felt sad. Ive never felt so upset after a football game. I think I ended the night puking in someones back yard after going to the party and getting absolutely wasted.

Kinda boring youtube link if anybody cares: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1u0CPgDkdok