Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-09-2007, 10:47 AM

Default Why are turnoffs turnoffs (women)

Yeah so I got turned down recently by a girl, and I made the mistake of being too keen (and appearing to be) in person, rather than being the confident chilled out guy she wanted.

But in this and the other long thread recently (about the guy who was friends for a month, u know the one) got me thinking.

Why does attitude towards the girl matter? Girls know that obviously in the initial stages, first few dates whatever, the guy is likely to behave a little differently through nerves or whatever. But biologicaly, evolution etc, surely if shes turning down a goodlooking/strong/clever person then she's making a mistake. Just because they came over too needy or werent sure exactly what to say? Why does this stuff even matter? Yes I know it does, but arent all animals supposed to maximise their chances of healthy offspring what the hell does a bit of neediness reflect anywa other than inexperience?

Case in point, one of my best college friends was a total afc and got turned down loads until he fluked his first girlfriend, after that he got another ons, then another, and now he's someone u wouldnt want near your girlfriend. But its the SAME GUY, same financial status/intelligence/looks/friends. Hes just a bit more suave when meeting girls he likes. Surely any girl that turned him down initially has made a biological mistake?

Thoughts appreciated.